Municipalities to receive liquid fuels funds
Casey part of group to introduce legislation to protect older workers
Movie ‘The Irishman’ to tell tale of Russell Bufalino and alleged Hoffa hit
Firefighters rescue city councilman’s dog from Susquehanna River
‘Moonlight’ wins best picture at botched Academy Awards
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Wolovich announces run for Luzerne County Council - 7:50 pm
- Municipalities to receive liquid fuels funds - 7:48 pm updated: 7:51 pm.
- Luzerne County 911 to receive $1.3 million in computerized phone upgrades - 7:23 pm
- Man convicted of fatal hit-and-run challenges subpoena of prison phone records - 6:47 pm updated: 7:10 pm.
- Local students compete in STEM competition at Luzerne Intermediate Unit - 6:03 pm updated: 7:28 pm.
- Casey part of group to introduce legislation to protect older workers - 5:37 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- Talker: Jeep buried in sand dune for 40 years is finally unearthed - 5:25 pm
- Movie ‘The Irishman’ to tell tale of Russell Bufalino and alleged Hoffa hit - 5:24 pm updated: 6:19 pm.
- 911 call: Bar shooting suspect said he’d killed ‘Iranians’ - 4:18 pm
- Drums man accused of stealing $395K from residents of personal care home - 3:40 pm
- Firefighters rescue city councilman’s dog from Susquehanna River - 2:56 pm updated: 5:56 pm.
- Judge sentences Wilkes-Barre man on cocaine distribution charge - 2:48 pm
- Pioneer Credit Recovery to fill more than 50 positions in Hanover Twp. - 2:01 pm
- ‘Alive and well:’ Overlooked goof during Oscar’s tribute to artists who died - 12:40 pm
- Man admits to robbing Plains Township animal hospital at gunpoint - 12:13 pm
- White House: Trump budget will increase defense spending by $54B - 11:35 am
- Nearly 600 Penn State faculty, staff voluntarily retire - 10:22 am updated: 10:36 am.
- Police: Mom used daughter’s breath to start car with DUI device - 10:17 am updated: 10:35 am.
- Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial - 10:14 am
- Minute-by-minute breakdown of the shocking Oscar’s best picture mix-up - 8:42 am
- Warmer temperatures, rain in the forecast through the midweek - 7:24 am
- ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture at botched Academy Awards - 12:31 am updated: 8:54 am.
- Kingston woman hosts festive Academy Awards-themed party at her home - 10:54 pm
- Free gun handling class in Exeter popular with first-time participants - 10:18 pm
- Hundreds gather to pay tribute to late iconic businessman Al Boscov - 10:03 pm
- Talker: Vatican stakes out rights to Pope Francis’ image - 9:08 pm
- Lottery Numbers for Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017 - 7:57 pm
- Joseph Wapner, folksy ‘People’s Court’ judge, dies at 97 - 7:11 pm
- Eagle Scout hopeful leads historic commerce tour of West Pittston - 6:34 pm updated: 9:24 am.
- WVW student gets one of 577 ‘Horatio Alger’ scholarships awarded nationwide - 5:05 pm
- Tornado touched down in Pittston Township on Saturday, NWS confirms - 4:01 pm updated: 11:38 am.
- Lackawanna restaurant inspections Feb. 13 – Feb. 17: grease and missing ceiling tiles - 1:00 pm
- Family representative: ‘Titanic’ actor Bill Paxton has died - 11:44 am
- The smoking conundrum: Bars, restaurants — and patrons — navigate 2008 state law - 10:08 am updated: 10:50 am.
- More rain expected in the Wyoming Valley this week - 8:46 am
- Trump says he won’t attend correspondents dinner this spring - 1:00 am updated: 1:00 am.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 28 hurt - 11:39 pm
- Crowd rallies in Wilkes-Barre to support ACA, oppose its repeal - 10:48 pm updated: 2:50 am.
- Severe weather accompanies record-breaking temps in Northeast Pennsylvania - 10:33 pm updated: 2:45 am.
- Spin 4 Life successful at new home; event founder accomplishes riding goal - 9:31 pm
- Lottery Summary for the week of Feb. 19, 2017 - 9:25 pm
- American Cancer Society Hazleton chapter telethon educates, entertains - 9:03 pm
- ‘Brewga’ class combines beer, yoga at Susquehanna Brewing Company - 7:34 pm updated: 10:22 pm.
- Beyond the Byline: Beware the line-jumper and mind your manners - 6:17 pm
- Public invited to Wilkes-Barre forum on training for local workers - 3:49 pm
- Tornado, thunderstorm warnings placed on area - 2:41 pm updated: 3:53 pm.