Return of college students a boon for downtown businesses
Cowboys QB Tony Romo out indefinitely with broken bone in his back
For starters, Wyoming Valley West wins a thriller
First-year students adjusting to dorm life on campus at Wilkes University
New reward offered in 30-year-old cold case of missing Scranton girl
Times Leader Crime Section
- Return of college students a boon for downtown businesses - 4:36 pm updated: 4:39 pm.
- Luzerne County tax-auction deserters a concern - 3:51 pm updated: 4:17 pm.
- LCCC goes tobacco free for the start of fall 2016 semester - 3:34 pm
- Owner: Aliquippa potbellied pig found after 6 weeks in ‘pretty good’ condition - 1:42 pm
- Man faces two capital murder charges in Mississippi nun deaths - 11:04 am
- Sunshine, hot temperatures continue today and Sunday in the Wyoming Valley - 9:45 am
- Police: Woman reports rape at city park - 9:38 am updated: 10:04 am.
- Police: Man tries to disarm officer during arrest - 9:28 am updated: 10:03 am.
- Beyond the Byline: Tinsel Town should show more respect for our town and Florence Foster Jenkins - 8:57 am updated: 3:09 pm.
- State police alerting residents to utilities scam - 11:26 pm updated: 3:50 pm.
- Lottery Numbers for Friday, Aug. 26 - 11:03 pm
- Former Nanticoke police chief William Shultz remembered at memorial service - 8:15 pm updated: 9:49 pm.
- New amenities discussed for Dallas Township and Kunkle parks - 8:14 pm
- Air Force investigating sexual assault report against four-star general - 6:00 pm updated: 10:51 pm.
- First-year students adjusting to dorm life on campus at Wilkes University - 5:28 pm updated: 5:35 pm.
- New reward offered in 30-year-old cold case of missing Scranton girl - 5:02 pm
- Frances Slocum building dedication honors Solano for decades of work - 4:47 pm
- Judge sentences ‘curious’ Luzerne teen charged with downloading child porn - 4:39 pm
- Mother of kindergartner sues Wyoming Valley West over alleged sexual assault - 12:13 pm updated: 12:34 pm.
- State Police: 3-year-old Nescopeck girl found safe after Amber Alert - 11:49 am updated: 4:23 pm.
- Dallas Township police charge man with manslaughter in April crash - 10:56 am
- State Police to exhume three more unidentified bodies in local cold cases - 10:27 am updated: 2:28 pm.
- AAA: National average gas price continued to climb overnight - 7:32 am
- Sunshine, hot temperatures expected in the Wyoming Valley this weekend - 7:22 am
- Berwick police file more child sexual assault charges against man - 11:07 pm
- Lottery Numbers for Thursday, Aug. 25 - 9:45 pm updated: 10:39 am.
- Rio police charge Lochte with false report of robbery - 7:14 pm
- Ashley emergency personnel holding a safety day to meet public - 6:02 pm updated: 10:47 am.
- Luzerne County Council member criticizes colleague’s “threatening behavior” - 4:56 pm updated: 8:04 pm.
- Misericordia University and King’s College welcomes new students - 4:34 pm updated: 9:12 pm.
- Crestwood agrees to contract with Rinehimer - 4:07 pm updated: 11:23 pm.
- Quick response by Wilkes-Barre fire and NIT leads to shutdown of property - 3:33 pm
- Exhibit Listings: Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, 2016 - 3:21 pm
- Buys Listings: Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, 2016 - 3:21 pm updated: 4:16 pm.
- Stage Listings: Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, 2016 - 3:21 pm updated: 4:19 pm.
- Kids Listings: Aug. 26 to Sept. 1, 2016 - 3:21 pm
- Gregory Strazdus pleads guilty to Harveys Lake hit-and-run; ordered to pay $44K to victim - 12:27 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Prosecutors deny wrongdoing in wake of Hazleton homicide trial’s delay - 11:43 am updated: 4:29 pm.
- Investigators charge Ashley residents with operating suspected meth lab - 11:08 am updated: 12:00 pm.
- AAA: Average gas prices continued their ascent overnight - 9:06 am
- Throwback Thursday: A field trip to see Benjamin Franklin - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Sunshine expected in the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:21 am
- Lottery Numbers for Wednesday, Aug. 24 - 11:01 pm
- Luzerne County prison oversight options debated in light of mounting problems - 7:10 pm updated: 1:31 pm.
- Fairview Elem. Principal Margaret Foster files suit against Crestwood for lost superintendent job - 6:36 pm
- Back Mountain Regional Fire & EMS receives $218,000 grant - 6:26 pm
- On eve of trial, homicide suspect’s lawyers allege prosecutorial misconduct - 5:51 pm
- UPDATED: Ashley woman charged with stealing narcotics; suspected meth lab discovered - 5:43 pm updated: 9:51 pm.
- Attorney plans to appeal approval of Kistler Elementary addition - 5:05 pm
- Kingston demolishes fire-damaged home of alleged arsonist Helen Sterner - 4:27 pm updated: 12:17 am.