Volunteer firefighter says fear, pressure caused him to admit to setting blaze
WILKES-BARRE — The son of a local fire chief accused of arson testified Friday he was badgered into admitting to a crime he didn’t commit ...
Update: Shots fired in Hanover Township, two charged
VA Medical Center officials answer vets’ questions
McQueary wins $7.3 million in Penn State whistleblower claim
Luzerne County Election Day security protocols detailed
No tricks, just treats on this trail for students with special needs
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Road painting on Avoca roundabout Friday - 11:31 am
- Volunteer firefighter says fear, pressure caused him to admit to setting blaze - 11:26 am updated: 11:41 am.
- Soda machine fire closes The Majestic Lunch Friday - 10:46 am
- Update: Shots fired in Hanover Township, two charged - 9:30 am updated: 10:23 am.
- Wind chills keep Friday’s weather cooler in the Wyoming Valley - 7:21 am
- Police on the scene of a shooting in Hanover Township - 10:58 pm updated: 10:20 am.
- Lottery Numbers for Thursday, Oct. 27 - 9:41 pm
- 120th District candidate forum to be held Friday at Wyoming Seminary - 8:59 pm
- VA Medical Center officials answer vets’ questions - 8:18 pm updated: 11:06 am.
- McQueary wins $7.3 million in Penn State whistleblower claim - 7:54 pm updated: 10:25 am.
- Psst! Want a different SPP? State revamps school performance scores - 7:29 pm updated: 12:27 am.
- Officials release identity of second suspect in fatal shooting on North Sherman Street - 7:06 pm updated: 10:26 am.
- Luzerne County Election Day security protocols detailed - 6:44 pm updated: 11:27 am.
- No tricks, just treats on this trail for students with special needs - 6:27 pm updated: 11:13 am.
- No calls, no inspection by Wilkes-Barre of closed county detention center - 6:04 pm
- Giving circle: Free medical clinic wins Millennium Circle grant - 5:08 pm
- Crestwood students get involved in community with Project R.A.I.S.E. - 4:22 pm updated: 7:00 pm.
- Mohegan Sun, Wilkes-Barre Area agree to take assessment dispute to court - 4:03 pm
- Volunteer firefighters’ arson trial underway - 3:26 pm
- Sen. Toomey’s neighbors’ homes hit with anti-GOP graffiti - 2:21 pm
- Hazleton homicide suspect’s trial date pushed back again - 2:01 pm
- Man charged with credit union robbery now charged with Dollar General robbery - 11:29 am
- City man who taunted, spit on cop enters guilty plea - 11:28 am updated: 11:49 am.
- Attorney General Beemer announces return of James P. Barker to Attorney General’s office - 9:59 am
- Police searching for teenage girl reported missing Wednesday - 9:38 am
- AAA: Wilkes-Barre’s average gas price up 4 cents from last week - 9:20 am
- PA Poll: Clinton ahead of Trump; McGinty leading Toomey - 9:13 am
- Throwback Thursday: Halloween in the ’80s and ’90s - 9:00 am updated: 9:00 am.
- Fire inside walk-in cooler in Weis Market in Duryea results in minor damage - 8:58 am
- Mixture of sunshine, chance of rain expected into the weekend - 6:59 am
- Children at Wilkes-Barre YMCA get free dental checkups - 11:16 pm
- Lottery Numbers for Wednesday, Oct. 26 - 11:02 pm
- Police take Scranton man into custody after traffic stop - 10:48 pm
- Wilkes-Barre mom reports son missing - 10:36 pm
- 76ers anthem singer says ‘We Matter’ shirt got her the boot - 10:28 pm
- Nothing scary about science for kids at King’s ‘Things that Go Boom’ - 10:16 pm updated: 1:50 am.
- Fake Marine who got lesser sentence given more prison time - 10:09 pm
- Business as unusual: Nigerian fresh from Wisconsin comes to Wilkes - 7:53 pm
- Crackdown on drug dealers needed in Luzerne County, officials say - 7:30 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- Pair to plead guilty in Mohegan Sun Pocono Players’ Club card scheme - 6:44 pm updated: 10:35 am.
- Car break-in caught on video, police arrest suspect - 5:32 pm
- Break-in reported on McCarragher Street, Wilkes-Barre - 4:48 pm updated: 5:29 pm.
- Arby’s to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states, including Pa. - 4:48 pm
- After dog left outside, shelter offers cold-weather warning to pet owners - 3:11 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
- Beyond the Byline: Being your best self is all one can ask of you - 2:51 pm
- Trump praises Gingrich for criticism of Megyn Kelly - 12:59 pm
- UPDATED: Ex-Hazle Township Solicitor Charles Pedri avoids jail time for theft of funds - 12:55 pm updated: 11:36 am.
- Luzerne County judge orders limited release of sealed documents in homicide case - 12:53 pm
- 11 charged over widespread damage after Penn State’s upset win - 12:53 pm updated: 2:49 pm.
- Pa. couple plead guilty to assault in toddler’s cigarette burns - 11:58 am updated: 3:51 pm.