Times Leader Sports Report: WVC, WBS Penguins, Penn State football update
The Olde House Cafe in Dallas now offers dinner service two nights a week
John Glenn, first US astronaut to orbit Earth, longtime senator, dies at 95
Pittston officials planning to repair Columbus statue knocked over in crash
James Franklin earns support from NEPA’s Penn State lettermen
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Gas prices on the rise this week - 9:20 am
- Chance of snow, cold today; hazardous outlook issued for Sunday into Monday - 9:08 am
- Avoca to hire third full-time police officer - 11:51 pm
- Lottery Numbers for Thursday, Dec. 8 - 11:01 pm
- Wilkes-Barre police union asks city council to investigate chief - 10:36 pm
- Plains Township passes $9.3 million budget; holds taxes to 1.77 mills - 10:29 pm
- Questions abound after Zoning Hearing Board’s decision on high school plan - 8:06 pm
- Significant cuts still needed to avoid Luzerne County tax hike and vehicle fee - 6:13 pm
- Williamsport man indicted for drug trafficking, firearms violations - 5:18 pm
- Jessie Con-ui’s attorneys want 547 ‘gruesome’ photos prohibited from trial - 5:17 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- The Olde House Cafe in Dallas now offers dinner service two nights a week - 5:03 pm updated: 5:03 pm.
- John Glenn, first US astronaut to orbit Earth, longtime senator, dies at 95 - 3:51 pm
- Police searching for boy who reportedly ran away from home Wednesday - 1:11 pm
- Eleazar Yisrael trial: Carbon County resident testifies about finding body of victim - 11:55 am updated: 7:04 pm.
- Barletta decides to remain in Congress, passes on labor secretary post - 11:31 am updated: 8:53 pm.
- Pittston officials planning to repair Columbus statue knocked over in crash - 11:20 am updated: 7:23 pm.
- Nanticoke shooting victim identified, reportedly in stable condition - 10:18 am updated: 11:57 pm.
- Ohio lawmakers voting on abortion ban, expanded concealed-weapons bill - 9:54 am updated: 9:58 am.
- Western Pa. student suspended, security boosted over shooting threat - 9:47 am
- Police still searching for man accused of trying to strangle infant - 8:31 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- AAA: State, national average gas prices climbed by a penny overnight - 8:18 am updated: 9:26 am.
- Snow, chilly temperatures in the weekend forecast for the Wyoming Valley - 7:09 am
- Wilkes-Barre high school plan rejected - 2:05 am
- WVW School Board’s ‘reorganization’ looks familiar; Mazur, Usavage retain leadership posts - 12:46 am
- Area institutions bash latest ratings of teacher education programs - 12:01 am
- Michigan recount over; Pennsylvania sets hearing - 9:13 pm
- Thriving arts community supports Ink Master Ryan Ashley Malarkey - 5:55 pm
- Nanticoke man headed to trial on indecent assault charge - 5:51 pm
- Wilkes-Barre to offer free parking during holiday shopping season - 5:19 pm updated: 5:30 pm.
- CTC students vie in regional skills competition - 5:00 pm
- Trump chooses former WWE exec McMahon for small business - 4:47 pm updated: 5:10 pm.
- Wilkes-Barre, Scranton receive automatic external defibrillators - 2:01 pm updated: 2:55 pm.
- Forensic evidence piling up in Hazleton man’s homicide trial - 12:24 pm updated: 6:16 pm.
- Trump named Time magazine’s Person of the Year - 10:28 am updated: 10:29 am.
- ‘Merry Christmas:’ Police say Pa. woman tried to run over ex while he decorated - 10:22 am
- Police: Man acted disorderly in Popeye’s demanding free meal - 9:49 am
- Police: Man jumped onto vehicle to prevent it from being towed - 9:11 am
- AAA: Average gas prices are up a few cents from last week - 8:26 am
- Police: Man tried to strangle infant, attacked the mother when confronted - 6:20 am updated: 9:57 am.
- Slight chance of snow showers to linger as the week comes to a close - 6:10 am
- Luzerne County Council chips away at 2017 budget expenses - 12:57 am
- Plymouth man faces charges related to break-ins at area restaurant and high school - 12:28 am
- Ryan Malarkey, of Shavertown, wins Ink Master title, $100,000 in New York - 11:50 pm updated: 4:08 pm.
- Outlook on Wilkes-Barre finances bleak if nothing done, consultant tells city council - 10:24 pm updated: 11:38 pm.
- ‘Shop for a Cause’ raises funds to fight childhood hunger - 10:17 pm
- Police: Luzerne man robs vandalizes local veterinary clinic - 9:20 pm