County council deadlocks on vote to settle Piazza litigation
911: No major damage reported after tornado warning in Luzerne County
Defense attorneys: Drug deal gone bad led to shooting, crash
Son of Wilkes-Barre district judge gets ARD probation
Gas-leak source found in Wilkes-Barre; employees back at work
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- County council deadlocks on vote to settle Piazza litigation - 11:16 pm
- Hanover Area board quizzed on business manager vacancy - 10:21 pm
- House GOP must get ‘act together’ on state budget, governor says - 9:57 pm updated: 10:02 pm.
- Overtime costs threatening to break Wilkes-Barre budget - 9:46 pm
- 911: No major damage reported after tornado warning in Luzerne County - 9:36 pm updated: 9:39 pm.
- NWS: Tornado possible in Wilkes-Barre area - 8:14 pm updated: 9:03 pm.
- Defense attorneys: Drug deal gone bad led to shooting, crash - 5:36 pm updated: 5:37 pm.
- Son of Wilkes-Barre district judge gets ARD probation - 5:12 pm
- Gas-leak source found in Wilkes-Barre; employees back at work - 9:23 am updated: 5:14 pm.
- Police: Man tried to pull officer’s gun during arrest at Sherman Hills - 8:47 am updated: 10:37 am.
- Man robbed at gunpoint in Wilkes-Barre; watch, keys among stolen items - 8:39 am updated: 10:35 am.
- Severe thunderstorms to bring potential for hail, isolated tornado - 8:24 am
- Passenger: Train moving ‘super-fast’ injures 42 in suburban Philadelphia crash - 8:23 am
- US says some remains of sailors found on USS John McCain - 8:19 am
- Lottery Numbers for Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 - 9:32 pm
- County council to consider resolution opposing White Haven Center closing - 9:06 pm updated: 9:09 pm.
- A true ‘experience’ at eclipse events at Penn State WB and Wyoming Seminary - 8:48 pm updated: 8:54 pm.
- Developer buys Wilkes-Barre warehouse for drug/alcohol treatment center - 8:25 pm
- Eclipse-watching tops Monday activities in Wilkes-Barre - 8:07 pm
- Being there: Total eclipse an opportunity for family bonding in S.C. - 7:34 pm updated: 11:16 pm.
- $4.5 million settlement approved in Geisinger malpractice lawsuit - 3:35 pm updated: 11:20 pm.
- Blaze at residence owned by Wilkes-Barre official intentionally set, fire chief says - 12:45 pm
- 300-pound black bear removed from tree outside PNC Bank in Kingston - 10:55 am updated: 6:51 pm.
- Attorney: Injured singer Jane Train ‘took a turn for the worse’ over weekend - 10:53 am updated: 7:47 pm.
- Powerball rolls to $650M; big winners sold across PA - 10:28 am
- Warm temperatures, mostly sunny skies expected for eclipse - 8:09 am
- AAA advises drivers to resist temptation to view solar eclipse - 12:39 am
- Misericordia dean has NASA background, notes ‘buzz’ about eclipse - 12:32 am
- Misericordia professor heads west for eclipse’s ‘path of totality’ - 12:21 am
- Daytime darkness: First coast-to-coast solar eclipse in a century happens today - 12:13 am updated: 12:17 am.
- Lottery numbers for Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 - 9:25 pm
- Pittston Tomato Festival finishes with fun, food, friendly competition - 9:03 pm updated: 9:10 pm.
- Collectors share stories at classic car show fundraiser in Back Mountain - 8:45 pm
- Eye-care professionals stress safety when viewing eclipse today - 6:00 pm updated: 12:26 am.
- Civil rights activist, comedian Dick Gregory dies at 84 - 5:49 pm
- Jerry Lewis, comedian, telethon host, dies at 91 - 2:38 pm updated: 3:24 pm.
- Coxton Bridge demolition bids due by Monday - 10:18 pm
- Thousands flock to Pittston for annual Tomato Festival parade - 10:06 pm
- As usual, Pittston tomato fight is a fun, messy time - 9:28 pm updated: 10:52 pm.
- Monday’s solar eclipse to send temperatures tumbling - 8:27 pm
- Dad, daughter among King’s College summer graduates - 8:01 pm
- Let’s hope it’s not the last for Plymouth High Class of ‘52 - 7:18 pm
- Two troopers shot in western Pennsylvania - 6:36 pm
- Area cyclists turn out to honor Around Town Bicycles owner Tom Jones - 6:01 pm updated: 8:39 pm.
- AG announces $6.7M in debt relief for students at for-profit colleges - 5:39 pm
- ‘Free speech rally’ in Boston cut short after massive counterprotest - 4:52 pm