Jury gives death penalty to Frein
MILFORD, Pa. (AP) — A bell tolled the fate of a gunman after a jury on Wednesday condemned him to die for shooting two Pennsylvania troopers at ...
The Times Leader Sports Report is on the clock
Geisinger offers land donation for W-B Area high school
WVC grads Soto, Lewis and MU’s Newins hoping for NFL draft call
Brides get a taste of their wedding day at Ultimate Girls’ Soiree
Penn State wideout Chris Godwin ready for NFL draft spotlight
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Two prospective jurors added to pool in Con-ui capital case - 1:34 pm
- Geisinger offers land donation for W-B Area high school - 1:33 pm
- ‘No remorse’ shown by Hazleton man who raped 15-year-old - 1:00 pm
- Department of Health provides update on medical marijuana program - 10:50 am updated: 11:05 am.
- Prosecutor: When West Hazleton mom who assaulted kids loses temper, ‘her fists fly’ - 9:36 am updated: 2:29 pm.
- Showers, thunderstorms possible throughout the weekend - 7:44 am
- Wilkes-Barre police searching for suspects following shots fired, high-speed pursuit - 7:18 am updated: 10:52 am.
- Jury gives death penalty to Frein - 10:34 pm updated: 10:39 pm.
- Brides get a taste of their wedding day at Ultimate Girls’ Soiree - 9:23 pm updated: 10:47 pm.
- West Pittston mayor awards Wyoming Area students - 9:02 pm
- LCTA receives two statewide awards - 7:15 pm
- Man accused of abusing children refiles complaint against caseworker - 7:11 pm updated: 9:48 pm.
- Local burden to reduce Susquehanna River pollutants critiqued by Luzerne County officials - 7:03 pm
- $80 million project will unify Moses Taylor, Regional hospitals in Scranton - 6:57 pm
- Wolf touts Pittston plant’s partnership with Luzerne County Community College - 6:47 pm
- Hazleton real estate fraud suspect Ignacio Beato hit with federal charge - 4:55 pm updated: 5:31 pm.
- Barletta blasts judge’s ruling blocking Trump’s order on sanctuary cities - 2:28 pm
- Kingston woman indicted on drug charges by federal grand jury - 2:21 pm updated: 5:56 pm.
- Pool of potential jurors grows in Con-ui capital case - 2:13 pm updated: 2:54 pm.
- Assault charges against Tyler Duda dismissed - 1:21 pm updated: 1:30 pm.
- State lawmakers eye more changes to high school graduation exams - 1:03 pm
- A first: Three women at King’s heading to Notre Dame engineering program - 12:37 pm updated: 4:23 pm.
- Audit rips accounting in Pennsylvania jobless benefit system - 12:35 pm updated: 12:35 pm.
- Harveys Lake council member’s DUI charge not addressed during meeting - 12:29 pm updated: 4:46 pm.
- Wyoming Valley Levee fee increase discussed at Luzerne County Council meeting - 11:48 am
- Pastor pleased husband and wife church thieves admit guilt, but uphill battle remains - 11:39 am updated: 4:10 pm.
- Cash 5 jackpot $600K ticket sold in Forty Fort - 10:35 am updated: 10:36 am.
- Sunshine, rain in the forecast as the weekend approaches - 10:24 am
- LCCC trustees hike tuition - 10:07 am updated: 8:25 pm.
- Police: Philly teen trying to wake friend shot him in face - 9:49 am updated: 10:18 am.
- More King’s students headed to Notre Dame - 9:30 am updated: 9:32 am.
- Killer’s latest appeal denied - 9:28 am
- Suspended teacher worked at Coughlin’s Mackin site - 9:18 am updated: 11:38 am.
- York County: 4 troopers put on desk duty after armed man, 79, shot, killed - 9:15 am updated: 10:38 am.
- House approves bill to sell state’s liquor wholesale system - 9:10 am updated: 1:35 pm.
- Audit critical of unemployment system - 9:07 am updated: 12:05 pm.
- Ex-Luzerne County transit official gets ARD probation in ‘ghost rider’ case - 8:58 am updated: 10:06 am.
- New report: Area hospitals on good financial footing - 8:36 am updated: 11:59 am.
- Police searching for Kingston man reported missing Monday - 8:36 am updated: 9:59 am.
- Rain expected in Wyoming Valley as week rolls along - 8:35 am updated: 9:58 am.
- Police pick up adorable pair of trespassing pygmy goats - 10:17 pm
- Parents of PSP ambush killer Eric Frein testify; mother begs for his life - 9:35 pm
- Official: WB Area teacher suspended after unspecified incident - 8:29 pm updated: 8:31 pm.
- Former Luzerne County transit official gets ARD in ‘ghost rider’ case - 8:22 pm updated: 10:26 am.
- Luzerne County Redevelopment Authority receives $175K to fix railroad bridges - 7:59 pm updated: 10:29 am.
- Dallas Township to hold meeting regarding possible changes to the zoning districts - 7:45 pm updated: 7:47 pm.