Students show their smarts with cardboard creations at Wyoming Seminary
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins open camp with a competition in net
Forty Fort Cemetery tour helps man connect with great-grandfather
Luzerne County error allows $198,000 home to be sold for $500
Nittany Lions work overtime to spark offense for Minnesota game
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Students show their smarts with cardboard creations at Wyoming Seminary - 6:23 pm
- Chalkfest still going strong on River Common - 5:55 pm
- Forty Fort Cemetery tour helps man connect with great-grandfather - 3:23 pm updated: 3:28 pm.
- Luzerne County error allows $198,000 home to be sold for $500 - 2:47 pm updated: 2:50 pm.
- Gloria Steinem coming to Clinton’s Wilkes-Barre campaign office Sunday - 12:25 pm updated: 12:25 pm.
- Beyond the Byline: Getting older, but never ‘old’ - 11:29 am updated: 11:35 am.
- Police: Children & Youth contacted after domestic dispute in Larksville - 11:25 am updated: 11:31 am.
- Buddy Guy shares evolution of blues with crowd at Wilkes-Barre’s F.M. Kirby Center - 11:02 am
- New Jersey coast to get disputed, long-delayed sand dunes - 10:30 am
- Capitol Roundup: Gov. Wolf outlines legislative priorities in battling opioid epidemic - 10:05 am
- Disharmony: Philadelphia Orchestra goes on strike, cancels opening gala - 9:57 am updated: 10:01 am.
- Rain continues today and Sunday in the Wyoming Valley - 9:25 am
- Lottery Numbers for Friday, Sept. 30 - 11:01 pm
- Kevin P. Rea officially installed as the 12th Pres. of Wyoming Seminary - 7:08 pm updated: 9:51 pm.
- Coughlin High School graduate knew train crash victim, had spoken to her shortly before accident - 6:00 pm updated: 6:43 pm.
- Nanticoke duo pens a book about a curious boy and a magical leprechaun - 5:38 pm
- Wyoming Valley West concerns go beyond mold and air quality - 4:19 pm
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital to break ground for $40 million expansion project - 3:38 pm updated: 4:06 pm.
- Wilkes University announces $3.5 million campus improvement project - 3:23 pm
- WNEP-TV 16’s Scott Schaffer plays newscaster in ‘Designated Survivor,’ also appears in ‘Quantico’ - 3:22 pm
- Paint Pittston Pink events kick off Saturday, raise funds for breast cancer research - 1:51 pm updated: 2:11 pm.
- PennDOT to work with the Turnpike officials to remove Wyoming Avenue bridge - 1:04 pm
- Federal prosecutors: ‘Kids for Cash’ judge’s effort to toss corruption conviction ‘futile’ - 12:51 pm updated: 1:41 pm.
- AAA: National average gas price climbed by a penny overnight - 7:38 am
- Rain forecast for the entire weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 7:27 am
- Huntsville Golf Club in Dallas, ex-server settle religious discrimination suit - 11:13 pm
- Lottery Numbers for Thursday, Sept. 29 - 10:11 pm
- Woman: Police could have kept accused rapist off the street - 10:02 pm updated: 10:24 pm.
- Court: Defendants can sue over public defenders - 9:48 pm
- Audit: Agency paid public assistance benefits to dead people - 9:28 pm
- Luzerne County presents its side on why past election director was fired - 7:44 pm
- PA high court strikes down casino payments to host communities - 7:17 pm
- Nighttime closure on I-80 West in Butler Township postponed again - 5:31 pm
- New state test results: Dallas highest in most local districts in grades 3-8; Crestwood tops high schools - 2:51 pm
- Judge sentences homeless man who torched Wilkes-Barre home - 2:33 pm
- Winning Cash 5 jackpot ticket sold at Fairview Twp. Turkey Hill - 2:16 pm
- Update: Wyoming Valley West officials ‘in dark area’ about mold issue at middle school - 2:08 pm updated: 6:10 pm.
- Updated: Wilkes-Barre man charged with robbing credit union in Kingston - 1:04 pm updated: 10:46 pm.
- Police: Duryea man got on school bus, threatened to shoot students and driver - 11:53 am
- Thomas Rhett comes to Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre Township - 11:09 am
- Stephen Miller’s endangering welfare of children charges dismissed - 10:58 am updated: 5:34 pm.
- UPDATED: Train crashes into New Jersey station; 1 dead, over 100 hurt - 9:54 am updated: 5:45 pm.
- Police: Man robbed Turkey Hill at gunpoint, but left empty-handed - 9:12 am
- Throwback Thursday: Rubber ducks competed in the 1989 Wyoming Valley Duck Derby - 9:00 am
- Traffic alert: Crash on I-81 north causing traffic congestion - 8:43 am
- AAA: Average gas prices didn’t budge overnight, are down slightly from last week - 7:40 am updated: 7:45 am.
- Rain, cooler temperatures expected for most of the weekend in the Wyoming Valley - 7:20 am
- Skittles lover robs Dollar General in Wilkes-Barre at gunpoint - 11:46 pm updated: 11:47 pm.
- Lottery Numbers for Wednesday, Sept. 28 - 11:01 pm
- Thursday’s nighttime closure on I-80 West in Butler Township postponed - 11:00 pm