Help asked for 4-year-old Wilkes-Barre Twp. girl recovering from dog attack
Pair arrested on murder charges stemming from deadly Hazleton fire
Luzerne County Council debates telephone attendance at meetings
State AG Shapiro talks opioid abuse, illegal guns and police training
Wilkes-Barre controller discusses ‘bizarre’ parking-ticket case
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Help asked for 4-year-old Wilkes-Barre Twp. girl recovering from dog attack - 2:01 pm
- Jazz in July Along the River moved to Downtown Arts in Wilkes-Barre - 1:08 pm updated: 1:59 pm.
- Former Nanticoke mayor and teacher facing charges for allegedly luring teen boys - 12:29 pm updated: 3:14 pm.
- Ohio State Fair opens but rides remain closed after deadly accident - 12:04 pm updated: 12:20 pm.
- Senate-approved plan to balance Pa. budget includes borrowing, tax increases - 11:57 am
- Crash causing traffic delays on I-81 north near mile marker 163 - 10:51 am
- Pair arrested on murder charges stemming from deadly Hazleton fire - 9:41 am updated: 10:07 am.
- Cloudy skies, stray showers possible Thursday - 8:01 am
- Luzerne County Council debates telephone attendance at meetings - 10:50 pm
- Spinning Ohio State Fair ride breaks apart; 1 dead, 7 hurt - 10:35 pm updated: 10:37 pm.
- State AG Shapiro talks opioid abuse, illegal guns and police training - 10:34 pm
- Hanover Area accepts early retirement for superintendent - 9:50 pm updated: 10:11 pm.
- Cashless tolling coming to Northeastern Extension of PA Turnpike - 9:02 pm updated: 11:01 am.
- LEGISLATIVE BRIEFS - 8:25 pm
- Wilkes-Barre controller discusses ‘bizarre’ parking-ticket case - 7:25 pm
- Luzerne County may open back-tax collection to other vendors - 6:40 pm updated: 8:39 am.
- Mother, grandmother get probation for leaving 2-year-old in sweltering car - 6:19 pm
- Another Luzerne County female inmate attempts suicide - 5:54 pm updated: 6:03 pm.
- Keystone College announces major development project on College Ave. - 4:32 pm updated: 10:58 am.
- Police: Snapchat video shows drinking in SUV before 3 Pa. women die in crash - 3:39 pm
- Allentown mayor, ex-Reading mayor, charged with corruption - 3:34 pm
- Trump to bar transgender individuals from serving in US armed forces - 9:36 am
- Police seek 2 feces-spreading vandals at Pennsylvania store - 9:27 am
- Drowning victim, 7, identified - 9:15 am updated: 9:16 pm.
- Former Hazleton councilwoman gets probation in arson case - 8:55 am updated: 7:04 pm.
- McCarthy Tire lawyer makes ‘Rising Stars’ list - 8:30 am
- Mostly cloudy, but mostly dry outlook in Wyoming Valley - 8:26 am
- WBS Airport terminal demolition should wrap up by Air Show debut - 11:20 pm updated: 10:54 am.
- Residents urge county to replace demolished Division Street Bridge - 11:08 pm
- Wilkes-Barre mayor still unsatisfied with official’s response to high water - 10:41 pm
- Thousands answer the call, but Red Cross blood shortage continues - 8:51 pm
- Analysis finds most and least educated cities in America - 7:17 pm
- Last chance to hear jazz by the river - 6:49 pm
- Legislative briefs: Rep. Mullery launches constituent outreach initiative - 6:28 pm updated: 7:49 pm.
- Man bitten by police K-9 says he didn’t provoke attack; report suggests combativeness - 6:18 pm
- Coroner: Boy pulled from Mill Creek dies in accidental drowning - 2:33 pm updated: 9:28 am.
- Trucksville teen charged with stabbing 3 family members, killing father, is deemed incompetent - 12:22 pm updated: 8:29 pm.
- Driver taken to hospital following rollover in Lake Township - 12:17 pm updated: 12:29 pm.
- Police: Pair high on heroin stole from Walgreens in Wilkes-Barre - 11:57 am updated: 12:37 pm.
- Judge halts Sunoco pipeline work in eastern Pennsylvania - 11:39 am
- Trump tweets; McCain return sets stage for health-care vote - 9:23 am updated: 11:33 am.
- Patchy fog this morning; chance of showers later today - 7:45 am
- Wilkes-Barre commercial site with back taxes removed from auction - 10:52 pm
- Floodgates installed after Solomon Creek rises, but no damage reported - 9:00 pm updated: 9:49 pm.
- Report on GAR: Signs of deterioration - 8:43 pm
- Solar s’mores and blocks of ‘bots: Young women empowered at Wilkes - 6:58 pm updated: 7:02 pm.