Fire heavily damages Plains Twp. home
PLAINS TWP. — Black smoke from a house fire could be seen from the Cross Valley Expressway and Route 315 on Thursday afternoon.Flames ate away p...
Times Leader Sports Report: Pro days and spring ball and Penguins, oh my!
Local heroes honored at Red Cross of NEPA Centennial Celebration
Former Luzerne County prison counselor Lou Elmy sentenced to 6 years
WB self-defense class raises money for Domestic Violence Service Center
Penn State spring practice breakdown: A position-by-position look
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Lottery Numbers for Thursday, March 23 - 10:32 pm
- Wilkes-Barre City Council applauds DPW’s storm cleanup efforts - 10:18 pm
- Local heroes honored at Red Cross of NEPA Centennial Celebration - 10:15 pm
- PA Sec. of Health ‘educates’ at Scranton health care rally - 10:08 pm updated: 10:10 pm.
- White House, in gamble, demands make-or-break health vote - 9:50 pm
- Court weighs challenge to get Griffith off primary ballot - 9:48 pm
- Corbett believes anti-Trump stance got him dumped from WILK radio gig - 9:32 pm updated: 9:54 pm.
- Jury fails to reach verdict in Penn State ex-president trial - 9:26 pm
- Talker: Falling ice from bridge may have smashed car window - 9:07 pm
- Times Leader earns four Keystone awards - 8:14 pm updated: 8:33 pm.
- Students figure things out at STEM camp at Lake-Lehman School District - 7:50 pm
- Dallas teachers picket outside school board member’s Forty Fort business - 6:41 pm updated: 7:03 pm.
- Casey says he will vote ‘no’ on Gorsuch nomination - 6:20 pm updated: 6:55 pm.
- Pittston to study dangerous street - 5:44 pm
- Watkinson announces run for Luzerne County Council - 5:36 pm
- Fire heavily damages Plains Twp. home - 5:28 pm updated: 9:03 pm.
- Crestwood student charged with having knife on school property - 4:39 pm updated: 4:56 pm.
- Former Luzerne County prison counselor Lou Elmy sentenced to 6 years - 2:22 pm updated: 5:34 pm.
- Celebrating Puppy Love: March 23 is National Puppy Day - 2:07 pm updated: 2:28 pm.
- Air show set for Aug. 12-13 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport - 11:29 am updated: 5:46 pm.
- DeLuca: Union boss said teachers will ‘not pay one penny toward healthcare’ - 11:17 am updated: 2:04 pm.
- Philadelphia’s soda tax brings in $6.4M in February - 11:13 am
- Police: Officers sustained injuries during foot pursuit of suspect - 11:11 am
- Islamic State group claims responsibility for London car, knife attack - 10:43 am
- Corbett, WILK part ways - 10:25 am
- Mixed precipitation possible Friday; warmer temperatures to arrive this weekend - 7:33 am
- ‘Wheel of Fortune’ contestant thinks the play is called ‘A Streetcar Naked Desire’ - 4:08 am updated: 7:54 am.
- Facebook rape stirs questions about witnessing crimes online - 2:30 am updated: 9:23 am.
- Lottery Numbers for Wednesday, March 22 - 11:02 pm updated: 11:02 pm.
- WB self-defense class raises money for Domestic Violence Service Center - 10:50 pm
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton/Hazleton area ranks 46th fattest nationwide in new report - 7:50 pm updated: 11:24 am.
- Jury finds mother guilty of assaulting, critically injuring infant daughter - 7:48 pm
- Barefoot man caught fleeing from scene of shots fired at car in Wilkes-Barre - 7:39 pm updated: 10:18 pm.
- Luzerne County tab exceeds $500,000 for lawsuit involving a $70 receipt - 7:16 pm updated: 9:37 am.
- Governor offers to let school districts count hours, not days after Stella - 7:11 pm
- Man charged in alleged stabbing outside Hazleton bar - 6:56 pm updated: 8:22 pm.
- Harveys Lake Road Department receives kudos from council for snow plowing - 6:32 pm updated: 6:58 pm.
- Federal judge dismisses Foster suit against Crestwood - 6:15 pm
- Viral video imagines Elmo getting fired over PBS budget cuts - 5:34 pm
- Economist says slow, steady growth should continue at chamber event in Plains Twp. - 5:04 pm
- Sarah J. Dymond playground equipment an issue for Wyoming Area - 4:56 pm
- Police: Ukrainian man assaulted, robbed man inside vehicle - 4:50 pm
- Barletta, Trump reach compromise on health care bill - 2:40 pm updated: 6:59 pm.
- Man accused in Fairmount Twp. shooting headed to county court - 1:34 pm updated: 8:03 pm.
- Judge: Seized notebook doesn’t prejudice accused tax cheat’s case - 1:15 pm
- GOP leaders increase pressure on colleagues as health bill vote nears - 12:08 pm