Swoyersville woman anxious to hear from sister in Puerto Rico
Accused Walmart shooter found competent; trial date set
Date set for second trial for Helen Galli in poisoning case
Activist burns Nazi-Confederate flag as ‘educational demonstration’
Boscov’s daughter says ‘A Blanket from Al’ project would make her dad proud
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Luzerne County restaurant inspections Sept. 10-16: Food stored for undetermined time - 4:04 pm
- Woman accused of shooting sleeping husband to death in Fayette Co. - 2:37 pm
- Tombstones found at Schuylkill power plant - 1:57 pm updated: 1:59 pm.
- Body found in Lackawanna River in Old Forge to be examined Sunday - 1:35 pm
- Dam failing as scope of Puerto Rico’s disaster becomes clear - 1:09 pm
- Swoyersville woman anxious to hear from sister in Puerto Rico - 10:46 pm
- Accused Walmart shooter found competent; trial date set - 10:33 pm updated: 11:27 pm.
- Date set for second trial for Helen Galli in poisoning case - 10:23 pm
- Ruth’s Place showcases $50,000 in renovations - 10:16 pm
- Body found in river in Old Forge - 9:56 pm updated: 9:58 pm.
- Wilkes-Barre Mayor George says city trying to get a handle on OT costs - 9:46 pm
- Activist burns Nazi-Confederate flag as ‘educational demonstration’ - 9:39 pm
- Boscov’s daughter says ‘A Blanket from Al’ project would make her dad proud - 8:40 pm updated: 10:08 am.
- WB Fire Department to add new firefighter, truck Monday - 8:06 pm
- Northwest Area board terminates teacher - 7:32 pm
- Dallas teachers hit picket line on first day of second strike - 2:18 pm updated: 11:16 pm.
- ‘Blankets for Al’ projects kicks off at Boscov’s - 1:51 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Pedri proposes county suit against Rx drug manufacturers, distributors - 11:42 am updated: 10:54 pm.
- Swoyersville man charged with burglarizing borough home - 11:24 am updated: 9:24 pm.
- Kin of fallen Japan soldiers pay respects at Pearl Harbor - 11:05 am
- Ryan Gosling to host ‘SNL’ premiere with Jay-Z musical guest - 9:34 am
- Negotiation attempts fail — Dallas teachers to go on strike Friday - 10:48 pm
- Activist gets OK to burn Nazi-Confederate flag on courthouse steps - 10:40 pm
- Attorneys argue if alleged judicial error denied Scholl a fair trial - 10:32 pm
- ‘Climate Change Simulation’ opens eyes on daily choices - 10:25 pm
- Kingston man sentenced for firearms felony - 10:11 pm
- WBS airport continues setting records - 10:08 pm
- Count on it: Math symposium set at Misericordia - 9:45 pm
- Some officials worried about reducing enrollment window for Obamacare - 9:14 pm updated: 9:16 pm.
- WB’s general fund balance increases in August, but OT costs on the rise - 8:55 pm
- Luzerne County property assessments questioned on repository sites - 7:35 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Diocese of Scranton hosting convocation on nonviolence Saturday - 5:45 pm updated: 5:47 pm.
- Pennsylvania county sues drug companies amid opioid crisis - 3:38 pm updated: 3:46 pm.
- Kirby Park access road closed for UGI work on three days - 1:08 pm updated: 1:23 pm.
- Back Mountain’s Himmler Theater will be demolished next week - 12:00 pm updated: 7:19 pm.
- Trial set in case of sucker punch of Pennsylvania man with cerebral palsy - 7:51 am updated: 7:54 am.
- Pittston wants LCB hearing on noise rules - 11:49 pm
- County seeks dismissal of lawsuit against corrections officer - 11:48 pm
- Tunkhannock couple back home after volunteering in Texas - 11:24 pm
- Dallas union leader, board member explain latest contract rejection as strike looms - 11:08 pm
- WB mayor wants union to pay for any ‘review’ of police department - 11:00 pm
- Wilkes-Barre zoning board OKs hookah lounge and bottle club - 10:11 pm
- McCann schools near Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton stop accepting students - 10:06 pm
- Shecktor drops Senate bid; will run for House seat - 10:00 pm updated: 9:03 am.
- Wyoming Valley West board hears dress code complaints; hires member’s son - 9:44 pm
- Hazleton council OKs liquor license transfer over neighbors’ objections - 9:02 pm updated: 9:05 pm.