Bear Creek school cancels first day due to faulty eclipse glasses
Attorney General warns of scam involving solar eclipse glasses
Francis DiLorenzo, former auxiliary bishop of Diocese of Scranton, dies at 75
Guard Insurance still considering former Hotel Sterling site
Penn State approves contract extension for James Franklin
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Bear Creek school cancels first day due to faulty eclipse glasses - 11:17 pm updated: 11:28 pm.
- Toohil considering run for Congress if Barletta seeks Casey seat - 10:25 pm
- Attorney General warns of scam involving solar eclipse glasses - 10:14 pm
- Two local schools to host private eclipse-viewing events - 9:50 pm
- Ex-Pittston man convicted of drug trafficking conspiracy - 9:23 pm
- Wilkes-Barre lawyer disbarred - 9:18 pm
- Lake Street closure in Dallas to last several months to a year - 9:00 pm
- Francis DiLorenzo, former auxiliary bishop of Diocese of Scranton, dies at 75 - 8:40 pm
- Wilkes-Barre paving project to begin Monday - 5:56 pm
- Guard Insurance still considering former Hotel Sterling site - 5:45 pm
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for Luzerne County, surrounding areas - 4:36 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- AP sources: Strategist Steve Bannon leaving White House - 1:12 pm updated: 9:58 pm.
- Hazleton police seek assistance in locating burglary suspect - 10:20 am
- Police: 2 brothers stabbed, another hit with baseball bat in brawl - 8:44 am updated: 10:12 am.
- Experts calling for strong storms with heavy rain, potential for flooding - 8:23 am
- Andy Warhol exhibit to headline as Sordoni Art Gallery re-opens at Wilkes - 11:16 pm updated: 11:19 pm.
- Pittston Tomato Festival begins 34th year of food, fun - 11:06 pm
- Larksville mayor reverses stance on DUI patrols - 10:07 pm updated: 12:04 am.
- Judge rules in debate involving Powell’s net worth - 9:47 pm updated: 9:50 pm.
- Lottery numbers for Thursday, Aug. 17, 2017 - 9:40 pm updated: 9:41 pm.
- Wilkes-Barre to soon collect nearly $1M reimbursement from PennDOT - 9:09 pm
- Crestwood auditorium project delayed - 8:50 pm
- County lists properties eligible for September back-tax auction - 8:20 pm
- SWB RailRiders, National Championship Game community ambassadors meet to discuss title game - 6:55 pm updated: 8:09 pm.
- WB Memorial Stadium to be closed for start of high school football season - 6:37 pm updated: 10:42 pm.
- Woman struck by car in Wilkes-Barre hospitalized in critical condition - 3:58 pm
- Alleged bed bug infestation prompts lawsuit by Wilkes-Barre tenants - 2:17 pm updated: 9:56 pm.
- Hanover Township man pleads guilty to breaking 3-year-old boy’s leg - 1:19 pm updated: 9:32 pm.
- Van plows into crowd in Barcelona; Police view it as terror - 12:43 pm
- Powerball at $510M; Luzerne County store sells $150,000 winner - 10:59 am updated: 10:27 pm.
- Two charged in road rage incident in Wilkes-Barre - 8:37 am
- Plenty of sunshine Thursday before rain arrives - 8:24 am
- Teacher contract is hot topic at Pittston Area board meeting - 10:42 pm
- I’m Big Now and Back Mountain Academy set to open for 2017-18 school year - 10:25 pm
- Luzerne County Councilman Rick Williams won’t run again - 10:12 pm
- Duryea man sentenced for having child porn, filming co-workers in bathroom - 9:40 pm
- Pot of money left from Luzerne County tax-break program - 9:02 pm
- Medical marijuana dispensary gets Wilkes-Barre zoning approval - 8:47 pm updated: 9:10 am.
- Woman struck crossing River Street in Wilkes-Barre - 7:41 pm
- Pittston Tomato Festival set to kick off four-day event Thursday - 7:03 pm
- Here’s hoping Elvis Presley isn’t lonely tonight and has found eternal rest - 10:07 am
- Sun and warm temperatures expected Wednesday - 8:08 am
- Charges could be dismissed for ex-nurse accused of being drunk at surgery - 7:00 am
- Hazleton council rejects mayor’s transfer plan to make payroll - 12:04 am updated: 5:23 pm.
- Luzerne County releases newly compiled list of real estate holdings - 10:52 pm
- Backpacks and bear health at Geisinger South WB wellness fair - 10:37 pm