Chemical issue causes evacuation of Wilkes-Barre apartment building
WILKES-BARRE — Four apartments were evacuated after reports of a “chemical haze” in the building that houses them, according to Wilk...
Abington Heights teacher named Lackawanna County Teacher of the Year
Sack race, dodge ball, ‘Angry Birds’: Choices abound on Kistler Fun Day
Yes they can: Breaker Brewing Company’s expansion means canning line, more beer
Islamic State group claims deadly Manchester concert bombing
Children among victims of suicide bomb at Ariana Grande show
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Police: Man, woman suffered gunshot wounds early Wednesday morning - 7:16 am
- Chemical issue causes evacuation of Wilkes-Barre apartment building - 11:25 pm updated: 11:50 pm.
- Lottery numbers from Tuesday, May 23, 2017. - 11:02 pm
- Luzerne County Council declines to repeal residency rule for top managers - 10:40 pm
- LGBT event aims to grow community over dinner - 10:21 pm
- Car chase in Hazleton area ends in crash into home - 10:04 pm updated: 10:05 pm.
- Wilkes-Barre continues to look for Solomon Creek wall reconstruction funds - 9:26 pm
- Geisinger to appeal $10M patient award - 8:34 pm updated: 9:07 pm.
- Lawsuit: Alexander’s Salon & Spa shorted assistants on wages, overtime - 6:06 pm
- Abington Heights teacher named Lackawanna County Teacher of the Year - 6:02 pm
- Sack race, dodge ball, ‘Angry Birds’: Choices abound on Kistler Fun Day - 5:48 pm
- Luzerne man accused of sexually assaulting minor - 4:01 pm updated: 4:43 pm.
- Yes they can: Breaker Brewing Company’s expansion means canning line, more beer - 2:12 pm updated: 3:20 pm.
- Police save child from SUV teetering on hill after driver ODs - 1:19 pm
- Spacewalking US astronauts complete urgent space station repairs - 11:47 am
- Con-ui jury selection to move to next phase following month-long interviews - 10:18 am
- Roger Moore, star of 7 James Bond films, dies at 89 - 10:13 am
- Islamic State group claims deadly Manchester concert bombing - 8:48 am updated: 9:26 am.
- Rain expected in Wyoming Valley into latter part of the week - 7:20 am
- Lottery Numbers for Monday, May 22 - 10:35 pm
- 12 area students receive scholarship money from Head Start - 10:32 pm
- Wilkes-Barre credit rating downgraded because of poor cash flow - 10:09 pm
- Dallas Elementary School mold issue addressed but four rooms remain closed - 7:19 pm updated: 7:51 pm.
- ‘Costume jewelry’ diamond bought at flea market worth hundreds of thousands - 5:30 pm updated: 9:51 am.
- Diocese of Scranton Annual Appeal tops $5 million goal - 5:17 pm
- Luzerne County Council to vote on management residency requirement - 4:57 pm
- Wilkes holds ‘sidewalk breaking’ to start streetscape project - 4:50 pm
- Ex-Trump advisor Flynn declines to hand over Russia-related papers to panel - 4:42 pm updated: 4:45 pm.
- ‘Despicable behavior’ nets former Luzerne County corrections officer 30 months in jail - 3:59 pm updated: 10:27 am.
- Maker of Nathan’s hot dogs issues recall over metal concerns - 2:43 pm
- Pittston Township failed to stop hostile work environment, female cop alleges in lawsuit - 1:16 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Multi-million dollar case headed back to county court - 12:54 pm
- Police: Woman jumps out of Sherman Hills window to escape assault - 12:46 pm
- Gun rights rally at state Capitol aims for looser concealed-weapons rules - 12:33 pm
- Mental evaluation sought for alleged Walmart gunman, trial halted - 10:27 am updated: 11:08 am.
- Race, gender, fame all issues as Cosby jury selection starts - 9:34 am updated: 9:38 am.
- Police: WB man found intoxicated in public - 8:59 am
- Police report numbers on DUI crackdown in Luzerne County - 7:44 am updated: 8:39 pm.
- Clouds and rain expected during early parts of this week in the Wyoming Valley - 7:05 am
- Lottery numbers for Sunday, May 21, 2017. - 9:33 pm
- Young People in Recovery launches Wilkes-Barre group - 8:52 pm
- King’s College graduates told to lead a purposeful life - 8:31 pm updated: 11:29 am.
- Taste of the Mountain offers a little something for everyone - 8:05 pm updated: 9:56 pm.
- Fine Arts Fiesta keeps party going to very end - 7:35 pm
- Area woman graduates from Coast Guard Academy - 6:23 pm
- NAMI Walk for Mental Health inspires hope in participants - 6:08 pm