73-year-old caregiver sentenced to nine to 48 months for stealing from client
WILKES-BARRE — A convicted caregiver was shipped to state prison Thursday for pilfering more than $250,000 from an elderly client and her disabl...
Meyers debate team members give their takes on third presidential debate
Presidential debate: Bitter right to the end
Wyoming Valley West hires firm to deal with mold problem at middle school
Zoning hearing on new high school in Wilkes-Barre delayed another month
Pa. state college strike puts local students in limbo
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Police: Man assaulted woman, struggled with officers during arrest - 1:58 pm
- Club Pub at arena permitted to open for Penguins hockey this weekend - 1:15 pm
- AAA: National average gas price climbed by a penny overnight - 11:27 am
- 73-year-old caregiver sentenced to nine to 48 months for stealing from client - 10:52 am updated: 1:20 pm.
- Hazleton man pleads guilty to pill distribution conspiracy - 10:24 am
- No injuries reported in crash involving school bus with student passengers - 10:17 am
- Suspended Wilkes-Barre Area teacher, soccer coach headed to higher court on corruption of minors charges - 9:24 am updated: 2:47 pm.
- Throwback Thursday: Students attend Encore Music Camp at Wilkes University - 9:00 am
- Heavy rain predicted for the Wyoming Valley into the weekend - 7:13 am
- Dallas School District teacher strike date delayed again - 1:38 am
- Meyers debate team members give their takes on third presidential debate - 12:42 am
- Lottery Numbers for Wednesday, Oct. 19 - 11:16 pm
- Presidential debate: Bitter right to the end - 11:14 pm updated: 10:37 am.
- Wyoming Valley West hires firm to deal with mold problem at middle school - 10:23 pm updated: 10:32 am.
- Dupont man charged in Exeter wreck pleads guilty - 9:48 pm
- Third phase of Pittston City Hall renovations set - 9:00 pm
- Zoning hearing on new high school in Wilkes-Barre delayed another month - 8:40 pm updated: 10:35 am.
- Nanticoke armed robbery case headed to higher court, 1 suspect still at large - 8:03 pm
- Wilkes-Barre budget has $7.4 million balance at three quarter mark of year - 7:54 pm
- Effectiveness of Luzerne County’s attempt to sell unused vehicles questioned - 7:46 pm
- Hazleton council mulls long-term financial plan - 7:37 pm
- Pa. state college strike puts local students in limbo - 7:01 pm updated: 10:59 am.
- Report of person in woods puts Northwest Area Primary Center in brief lock out - 2:24 pm updated: 2:48 pm.
- Convicted Pa. AG Kathleen Kane is ‘humbled,’ seeks probation - 2:20 pm
- Time change for Biden’s visit to stump for Clinton on Friday in Luzerne County - 1:42 pm
- Man accused assaulting two, stealing shoes off man’s feet - 1:29 pm updated: 7:49 pm.
- Former Pa. cop, now caregiver, charged with stealing $50K from elderly patient - 12:19 pm
- Police: Taxi driver fought off knife-wielding robber - 11:49 am
- Faculty on strike at 14 Pennsylvania state universities - 10:57 am
- AAA: Average gas prices hold steady overnight; state’s average up slightly from last week - 10:21 am
- Section of Route 309 will be restricted to single-lane traffic for bridge repairs - 7:41 am
- Heavy rain expected in the Wyoming Valley as the week comes to a close - 7:36 am
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital has some higher-than-average mortality rates - 12:01 am
- Lottery Numbers for Tuesday, Oct. 18 - 11:13 pm
- Pittston Area administration presents three-year Comprehensive Plan at board meeting - 10:56 pm
- Wyoming Valley West mold issue expected to be resolved by Thanksgiving - 10:55 pm updated: 12:02 am.
- Record year for lowest vehicle accidents, Harveys Lake Police Chief reports - 10:53 pm updated: 12:05 pm.
- VP Joe Biden to visit Wilkes-Barre to campaign for Hillary Clinton on Friday - 10:26 pm
- Luzerne County Community College presents scholarships at annual dinner - 9:22 pm updated: 9:25 pm.
- Contract for city cameras to end, no more money from Wilkes-Barre Parking Authority - 7:58 pm
- Police: Man robbed friend at gunpoint, stole his cell phone - 7:55 pm
- Land for hotel and conference center in Wilkes-Barre moves closer to sale - 7:48 pm
- Wilkes-Barre Area School Board approves costly repair to GAR roof - 7:29 pm
- Backlog of stale court filings purged after more than a decade - 7:23 pm
- State Supreme Court decision to halt LSA money worries municipal officials - 6:48 pm updated: 9:07 pm.
- Defendant who hid drugs in anus bolts from trial during lunch recess - 6:17 pm
- ‘Stop whining,’ Obama tells Trump, chiding for fraud talk - 5:42 pm
- $4 a month? Social Security recipients to get tiny increase in 2017 - 5:20 pm
- Rice Township bridge reopens to traffic - 5:14 pm
- First deaf NBA player Lance Allred speaks to high school students about perseverance - 2:40 pm updated: 4:03 pm.