Tunkhannock couple back home after volunteering in Texas
Dallas union leader, board member explain latest contract rejection as strike looms
WB mayor wants union to pay for any ‘review’ of police department
Wilkes-Barre zoning board OKs hookah lounge and bottle club
McCann schools near Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton stop accepting students
Times Leader Crime Section and Police Blotter
- Pittston wants LCB hearing on noise rules - 11:49 pm
- County seeks dismissal of lawsuit against corrections officer - 11:48 pm
- Tunkhannock couple back home after volunteering in Texas - 11:24 pm
- Dallas union leader, board member explain latest contract rejection as strike looms - 11:08 pm
- WB mayor wants union to pay for any ‘review’ of police department - 11:00 pm
- Wilkes-Barre zoning board OKs hookah lounge and bottle club - 10:11 pm
- McCann schools near Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton stop accepting students - 10:06 pm
- Shektor drops Senate bid; will run for House seat - 10:00 pm
- Wyoming Valley West board hears dress code complaints; hires member’s son - 9:44 pm
- Hazleton council OKs liquor license transfer over neighbors’ objections - 9:02 pm updated: 9:05 pm.
- Wolf visits Tunkhannock as part of 14-county swing - 8:37 pm
- Four suspects sought in Tuesday shooting in Wilkes-Barre - 5:46 pm
- Witnesses yell ‘He can’t hear you’ as officers shoot deaf man - 4:38 pm
- Navy removes workers who gave middle-finger gesture to newborn - 12:26 pm
- Catholic school in Pennsylvania reports racial slur on second dormitory door - 11:56 am
- College life: Taking surprises in stride an important part of fulfillment - 11:39 am
- Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico as a Category 4 storm - 7:16 am updated: 11:40 am.
- Burglars targeting homes and vehicles in South Wilkes-Barre - 12:09 am
- Dallas teachers stage picket as strike date nears - 11:55 pm
- At mayor’s urging, Hazleton council approves $850K state loan - 11:51 pm
- Times Leader Career Fair attracts hundreds of job seekers - 10:36 pm
- Luzerne Foundation’s Millennium Circle gathers ahead of grant season - 10:12 pm
- Luzerne Borough business accused of selling alcohol to minor - 9:01 pm
- Drums man killed in early morning accident in Wyoming County - 7:18 pm
- Luzerne County 911 head says center has ‘turned a corner’ - 6:59 pm
- Man sent to hospital after early morning shooting in Wilkes-Barre - 5:59 pm
- Activist Gene Stilp seeks permit to burn Nazi-Confederate flag - 4:13 pm updated: 12:01 am.
- Adidas overtakes Jordan Brand for No. 2 spot behind Nike in U.S. sneaker sales - 2:00 pm
- Wilkes-Barre fire chief to testify at disaster preparedness hearing in D.C. - 12:22 pm updated: 9:18 pm.
- Site of former chain restaurant in Wilkes-Barre to open as Valley Diner - 11:47 am updated: 5:56 pm.
- Luzerne County DA: Man faces charge of drug delivery resulting in death - 11:42 am updated: 11:08 pm.
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria smashes Dominica, aims for Puerto Rico - 11:36 am
- Missing Hazle Township man found safe in Baltimore - 10:49 am updated: 11:10 am.
- Toys ‘R’ Us, with 3 local locations, files for bankruptcy but will keep stores open - 9:04 am updated: 6:02 pm.
- Easy dishes every college student can make for dinner - 7:35 am
- Dallas intermediate school plans discussed at hearing - 10:47 pm updated: 10:50 pm.
- Cumberland County legislator enters 11th District race - 8:37 pm
- Guariglia gets $110,000 in contract as administrative director at WBA CTC - 8:29 pm
- County officials question employee compensation for manufacturer seeking tax break - 8:21 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Wilkes-Barre council members call for review of police after officers’ discipline - 8:04 pm updated: 9:16 pm.
- Category 4 Hurricane Maria threatens storm-battered Caribbean; Category 5 next? - 6:54 pm updated: 6:56 pm.
- Consumers warned to watch for flood damaged vehicles - 6:20 pm
- Construction begins on Atlantic Sunrise pipeline project - 5:49 pm
- ‘Alcatraz’ inmate to appear by video at sentencing for murder of CO Eric Williams - 5:39 pm updated: 6:32 pm.
- Priest paying back money misused from charitable account, no criminal charges filed - 4:51 pm
- Pennsylvania’s unemployment rate down to 4.9 percent in August - 3:29 pm updated: 3:30 pm.