Quantcast


Last updated: February 19. 2013 4:42PM - 223 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Authorities say two residents of a Northern California assisted living facility have died and four others are hospitalized after eating soup with wild mushrooms.


Placer County sheriff's officials told the Sacramento Bee that 86-year-old Barbara Lopes and 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz — residents of Gold Age Villa, an elderly care home in Loomis — died after eating the soup that had been prepared by a caregiver at the facility.


Sheriff's Lt. Mark Reed says the caregiver who prepared the soup was among the six people sickened.


Comments
All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Wilkes-Barre Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com