WILKES-BARRE – Ronald Skiro, 58, and Richard Skiro, 47, both of East Main Street, Wilkes-Barre, were cited with violating a city ordinance after police said they observed them removing aluminum cans from recycling bins on North Washington Street and placing them into large plastic bags, police said.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• Allison Knutzon reported at 12:20 a.m. Saturday that someone had stolen her purse while she was at Price Chopper on Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard. Estimated value of the theft is $910.
• An employee at the Wine & Spirits Store at Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace reported at 6:40 p.m. Saturday that a woman stole $13.99 worth of merchandise and fled the store.
• Courtney Harris reported to police at 7:35 p.m. Saturday that someone had smashed the driver's-side window of her 2005 Honda while it was parked in the lot of Logan's Roadhouse at Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace. Nothing was reported missing.
• Sandra Galuska reported at 7:50 p.m. Saturday that someone had smashed the driver's-side window of her Hyundai and stole a makeup bag valued at $10 while the vehicle was parked at Lucky's Sporthouse, 110 Schechter Drive.
• The manager at Bed, Bath & Beyond at Arena Hub Plaza reported at 3:02 p.m. Sunday that a male stole $359 worth of merchandise and fled the store.
• The manager at Price Chopper on Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard reported at 6:51 p.m. Sunday that someone tried to pass a counterfeit $100 bill.
• Security at Kohl's Department Store, Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard, reported an unknown male stole $107 worth of Nike clothing on Friday.
• A $100 counterfeit bill was discovered at Wendy's Restaurant on Schechter Drive on Friday.
PLAINS TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• Police responded to 181 Courtright St. at 12:38 a.m. Saturday for a domestic disturbance between a husband and a wife.
Police said Donna Stephens had signs of recent physical abuse and stated that Kenneth Stephens punched her face.
Police said Kenneth Stephens was arrested and became combative with police. He was charged with simple assault, harassment, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. He was arraigned before District Judge Ronald Swank and released on $5,000 unsecured bail.
ASHLEY – Police said they charged Kyle John Koviack, 20, of Ashley, with the theft of a wallet from Manhattan Street.
Koviack was arraigned Friday on two counts of identity theft and one count each of theft, receiving stolen property, forgery and access device fraud. He was jailed at the county prison for lack of $10,000 bail.
HANOVER TWP. – Township police said a security chain and locks were cut from metal gates at an access road to the Susquehanna River behind the Breslau Hose Co.
The chain and locks were secured at 5 p.m. Friday and were discovered missing at 1 a.m. Saturday.
PITTSTON TWP. – State police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement reported Italian Educational Circle, 3 McTigue St., Pittston Township, was recently cited with failing to return a club liquor license and wholesale liquor purchase permit to the state Liquor Control Board after the business had not opened for 15 consecutive days.