First Posted: 8/27/2013
WILKES-BARRE — Ten people were arrested and heroin was seized after a drug raid on South Welles Street on Tuesday.
The Wilkes-Barre Police Department TAC-Unit, with the assistance of the Pennsylvania State Police and Attorney General’s Office, executed a search warrant at 135 S. Welles St., charging 10 people with drug trafficking and related offenses.
The search warrant also resulted in the seizure of “a significant amount” of heroin from the South Welles Street home, the city said in a press release.
Over a three day period, law enforcement agencies charged a total of 16 individuals with drug activity through buy-bust operations, including the raid on South Welles Street. This investigation is part of an ongoing effort between local and state law enforcement agencies to target drug activity and violent crime in several Wilkes-Barre neighborhoods.
The Wilkes-Barre Police Department’s TAC-Unit has recently been increased to six officers upon a request issued by Mayor Thomas Leighton in response to a recent rash of violent crime in Wilkes-Barre.
“These types of investigations will make it very difficult for those involved with drug trafficking to take up residence in our neighborhoods,” said Mayor Leighton. “I would like to commend our police department, Pennsylvania State Police, and the Attorney’s Generals Office in remaining diligent in the war on drugs and bringing safety back to our streets.”
Following is a list of those arrested and the charges filed, according to the city:
• Garrett Perella, of 135 S. Welles St., Wilkes-Barre, possession of heroin;
• Dunn Hafusulla, possession of narcotics;
• Diemah Murray Muse, 130 S. Sherman St., Wilkes-Barre, possession with intnet to deliver heroin;
• Gary Harvilla, 305 Wyoming St., Wilkes-Barre, possession of drug paraphernalia;
• Nevin Edwards, 600 Marion Terrace, Hanover, disorderly conduct;
• Hafsulla Dunn, 33 Barnes St., Ashley, possession of narcotics;
• James Love, New York, possession with intent to deliver heroin;
• Al-Quadir Hubbard, 35 Elm St., Plymouth, possession with intent to deliver heroin;
• Nicole Genealla, 135 S. Welles St., Wilkes-barre, possession with intent to deliver heroin, child endangerment;
• Ronnie Jones, 107 Lincoln Plaza, Wilkes-Barre, possession with intent to deliver heroin;
• Daniell Levy, 135 S. Welles St., Wilkes-Barre, possession with intent to deliver heroin;
Check for an update on this story at timesleader.com later on Wednesday and read the complete story in The Times Leader on Thursday.