PITTSTON — Police need help in locating John O’Donnell, 43, who is wanted in connection with an attempted burglary at Fino’s Pharmacy on March 23.
O’Donnell and another suspect first were seen casing the area of 32 N. Main St. at approximately 11:30 p.m. on March 22 then later seen returning to the pharmacy, police said. The pair ran away when they activated the alarm after breaking a window in an attempt to gain entry, according to police.
O’Donnell does not have a current address but is known to stay at a Walnut Street address in Luzerne, police said. Officers attempted to serve a felony warrant in that borough and are looking for any information on his whereabouts. He faces burglary and related charges. Anyone with information is asked to call Pittston police at 570-654-2425.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• A burglary occurred Friday between 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at a home on Chestnut Street. Police said the victim reported someone entered his apartment and took his flat-screen television. The victim believed entry was made through the back door.
• A 20-year-old woman reported someone fired several gunshots into her 2000 Hyundai sometime between 10 p.m. Sunday and 12:30 a.m. Monday near 425 S. Franklin St. Damage included a shattered windshield and damage to the vehicle’s exterior. The investigation is ongoing.
• William Moore, 34, no address listed, was charged with simple assault after a domestic incident Saturday on Park Avenue. A 29-year-old woman reported she and Moore argued over money and Moore then pushed the victim’s daughter. The victim and Moore continued to argue when Moore assaulted her. Moore bit the victim on the right side of her face and the left arm, according to police.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton reported the following:
• Sharon A. Eckrote, 40, Hazle Brook Road, reported someone took about $1,300 worth of jewelry from a jewelry box in her upstairs bedroom sometime between 7 and 9 p.m. Monday. She said she believes her 21-year-old nephew was responsible. The investigation is continuing.
• Sharon Gallagher, 55, East 22nd Street, said someone made a $70.78 purchase with her debit card at the AA Corp. in Enola between 12:01 and midnight March 26. The investigation is ongoing.
• Someone removed $410 in cash from a locked drawer at Immediate Cash for Gold, 106 Laurel Mall, between 3:50 and 3:55 p.m. Tuesday, when the store was left unattended for a few minutes, victim Rocco J. Arruzzo, 64, Hazleton, told police. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 570-459-3890.