WILKES-BARRE - City police reported the following:
- A man with a rifle robbed the Quick Food Mart on North Main Street on Sunday morning. The suspect fled with an undetermined amount of cash heading north on North Main Street and west onto Linden Street.
- Ellen Vogels, no age or address available, told police Sunday her 2006 Jeep was broken into while it was parked in the 200 block of South Main Street. She parked the Jeep around 2 p.m. Saturday and returned around 5:50 a.m. Sunday to find an iPod 2 and Bose headset missing.
- Gina Franchi, no age or address available, stopped a police officer Sunday morning and said that while she was at a party Saturday her Coach bag containing cash, her driver’s license and debit card was stolen.
- Eugene McDonald, no age or address available, was charged with violating a protection from abuse order Sunday after Tamira Chapman said he texted her with threats. McDonald was not to have contact with Chapman according to the PFA.
- A Wilkes University security guard Sunday morning flagged down a patrol officer to report a smashed window on a school building in the 200 block of South Main Street.
- Police were called to the Wilkes-Barre Fire Department headquarters on East Ross Street on Sunday morning for break-ins on two personal vehicles. A passenger-side window on one vehicle was broken and GPS unit was stolen. The driver’s side window on the other vehicle was broken and an iPod was stolen.
- James Patrick Smith, no age or address available, was arrested Sunday morning after police found him leaning against a pole in the Intermodal Center on South Washington Street. Smith had an odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and said he drank eight or nine beers. He could not stand on his own. Police took him into custody and transported him to headquarters, where he was issued a citation and held until sober.
- Arnetta Jackson was cited with harassment Friday. Claudette Roberts said Jackson punched her in the face after an argument at a residence on South Main Street.
- Sara McTague, no age or address available, said her Hi-Point .380-caliber handgun was stolen from her vehicle Thursday while it was parked near East Northampton and South Meade streets. The gun was entered into the National Crime Information Center as stolen.
HAZLETON - Police are investigating a hit-and-run involving a car parked in the area of Fourth and Laurel streets between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday. Anyone with information about the hit and run is asked to contact the Hazleton Police Department at 570 459-4940.
PLAINS TWP. - Township police reported the following:
- Joseph Taverna of Plymouth was found unresponsive and bleeding on the ground outside the Woodlands Inn & Resort around 2:05 a.m. Saturday. He was taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center for treatment of facial injuries. Witnesses said a man got out of blue sedan, punched Taverna in the face and fled in the car.
- Sareen Windom of Terrace Street, Wilkes-Barre was arrested Saturday on outstanding warrant from the Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department. Police saw several people with a disabled vehicle on state Route 115 around 6 p.m. A records’ check revealed Windom was wanted for allegedly failing to appear for an assault charge. She was taken into custody and transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
- A Sony Playstation 3 and some video games were stolen from a residence on Warner Street. The residents said they left for a few hours Saturday and returned around 11 p.m. to find the items were taken.