DUNMORE — The Lackawanna County Commission For Women is seeking entries for its annual Women’s History Month Bookmark Contest, open to all seventh-grade students enrolled in area public and private school systems.
The goal of the contest is to broaden the students’ awareness of the contributions women have made to all segments of society.
This year’s contest will highlight women in Lackawanna County who are historically significant and have made major contributions to the community. Students are also encouraged to recognize women who have made a substantial mark on the area, but their accomplishments may not have been well publicized.
The general guidelines for the program are as follows:
- The drawing can be done in any medium and must be 11” x 7” in size.
- It must reflect why the woman or event is significant in Women’s History.
- A written description of 100 words or less must be submitted with the artwork.
- The submission must be typewritten, double-spaced or clearly printed in ink.
- A cover sheet must be included, highlighting the student’s name, teacher’s name and the school’s address and telephone number.
All entries will become property of the Lackawanna County Commission For Women and may be reproduced for publication and/or electronic media airing.
The entry deadline is Monday, March 9. All submissions should be sent to the Lackawanna County Commission For Women, c/o Michael A. Barbetti, LLC, 1421 E. Drinker St., Dunmore, PA 18512, Attention: Donna Barbetti.
Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places.
The winning entry will be reproduced as a bookmarker and distributed throughout the community.