ASHLEY: The Knights of Columbus No. 12089, of St. Leo’s/Holy Rosary Church, 33 Manhattan St., will be selling flowers for Easter. Cost is $7 for tulips, hyacinths, daffodils; $7.75 for mums, and $8 for lilies. Call Ray Clarke at 709-3157 to order by March 17. Flowers can be picked up between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. March 26.
LUZERNE COUNTY: “Catholicism,” an epic documentary series hosted by the Rev. Robert Barron, will be broadcast from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Palm Sunday, March 24, on WVIA-TV, Channel 44.
The documentary tells the story of Catholicism around the world using art, architecture, literature, music and the riches of the Catholic tradition. Barron examines how Christianity has helped shape the nature of this faith.
MOUNTAIN TOP: Christ United Methodist Church, 175 South Main Road, has announced the following:
• The Friendship Circle meets the third Wednesday of every month and new members are welcome.
• The Sunshine Circle has four quilts for sale. Call the office or stop in on Tuesdays. The group of quilters and crafters meet at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday at the church. All ladies from the community are invited. Bring a lunch; coffee is provided. Birthdays are also celebrated.
• Easter lilies are on sale for $8 per plant. Envelopes are in the narthex.
• An Easter egg hunt will be held on March 23. There will be a pancake breakfast for the children at 10 a.m., followed by a video and the hunt.
• A Lenten Bible study is conducted at 9:30 a.m. Sundays during adult Sunday School and at 7 p.m. Tuesdays during Lent.
• Items that are currently needed for the food bank include jelly, peanut butter, canned and dry soup, canned fruits, Jello and pudding mixes, sugar, flour and coffee. Any non-perishable food items are always useful.
For more information, call the church at 474-6060 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays.
PITTSTON: The Road to Resurrection series will continue at 7 p.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Marello Parish in Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church. Mass will be celebrated with the Rev. Philip Altavilla as homilist.
The fifth stop will be at 7 p.m. March 20 with Holy Mass in St. John the Evangelist Church, Pittston, with Rev. Altavilla as homilist. Everyone is invited to participate.
WILKES-BARRE: A novena to St. Anthony of Padua will be conducted at 5:30 p.m. every Tuesday in Our Lady of Hope Parish, 40 Park Ave., Wilkes-Barre. The devotion will be held for 13 consecutive Tuesdays beginning March 19 through June 11. Theme is “The Spiritual Lessons of St. Agnes of Assisi.” For information, call 824-7832.
WILKES-BARRE: The 2013 annual Passover Seder will be held March 25 at the Jewish Community Center, 60 South River St., Wilkes-Barre. Seder begins at 6 p.m.
A full Passover meal will be served and led by Rabbi Larry Kaplan, Temple Israel. Meal will be prepared by Steve Arnovitz. Cost is senior adults, $28; adults, $32; and children younger than 12, $12. Vegetarian entrees are available upon request.
Reservations can be made at the JCC front desk. Payment is your reservation and can be issued to the Jewish Community Alliance (JCA), 60 South River St., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702; attention: Barbara Sugarman. Deadline is March 18. This year, you can help members of the community attend the Seder by adding Chai ($18) to your reservation fee.
Call Sugarman at 824-4646 for more information.
SWOYERSVILLE: Due to a scheduling conflict, the Confraternity of Christian Women at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish will hold its March meeting at 2 p.m. March 17 in the church hall.
Final plans for the rummage sale on April 8, 9, 10, and 13, will be discussed. Sale items can be brought to the church hall starting at 8:30 a.m. April 1, 2, and 3 only.
The Confraternity’s Communion breakfast will be held May 19. Hostesses for the March meeting are Martha Dougalas, Joanne Baker, and Alice Matukonis.
SHAVERTOWN: The Huntsville United Methodist Church, 2355 Huntsville Road, will host a concert by Mike Lewis and William Doney at 7 p.m. March 23. Donation is $5 at the door.