WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Two people reported on Wednesday that someone had stolen the catalytic converters from their vehicles.
A woman reported just after 4 p.m. that someone removed the catalytic converter from her car while it was parked near 673 N. Franklin St. And an East Chestnut Street man reported at about 9:30 a.m. that someone removed the catalytic converter from his 2003 Toyota Tacoma pickup while it was parked in front of his home overnight.
• A 60-year-old woman reported on Wednesday afternoon that someone stole prescription medication from 215 Lehigh St.
• A representative of Fabcor Inc. reported that everything at a work site on Biscontini Road under the Cross-Valley Expressway was secure and undamaged when workers left at 5 a.m. Sunday, but six batteries were found missing from construction equipment when workers returned at 8:30 p.m. Monday. Wires to the batteries were cut, police said.
• A 25-year-old man reported that someone stole two silver front bicycle rims from the front porch of a home in the first block of South Sherman Street sometime between noon and 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Police arrested a Hazleton man on a warrant after a store loss prevention officer detained him for allegedly shoplifting.
Officers were dispatched to Burlington Coat Factory, 47 Spring St., at 2:53 p.m. Saturday for a report of retail theft. On the way to the scene, officers were informed that the suspect had fled the business and was being pursued by a loss prevention officer, who had the suspect stopped at the intersection of Scott and Pine streets.
The loss prevention officer told police the defendant, identified as Jared Starr, of North James Street, placed numerous articles of clothing into a white shopping bag while inside the store and fled through the main entry doors despite being told numerous times to stop.
Officers learned from Luzerne County 911 that Starr had an outstanding warrant issued by Luzerne County Probation. Starr was taken into custody and, during a search of the suspect, police found an empty wax heroin packet with a ladybug stamped on it. Additional charges are pending, police said.
• Joseph Pugh, of Wilkes-Barre was cited with harassment and disorderly conduct at about 10:24 p.m. Tuesday after officers responded to 121-123 Hanover St. multiple times for a neighbor dispute, and Jeffrey Llewellyn was cited with disorderly conduct after a neighborhood dispute at the same location at about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
• Someone smashed the rear window of a 2004 Hyundai while it was parked in the rear of the 300 block of Scott Street, the owner reported at 10:13 p.m. Tuesday.
• Thomas Pearce III was cited with public drunkenness after an incident on Sturdevant Street at about 11:13 p.m., police said.