Sunday, July 13, 2014





Tomic's hitting partner calls for father ban


May 07. 2013 9:36AM
Associated Press



Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) Bernard Tomic's hitting partner is calling for the Australian tennis player's father to be banned from the sport following an alleged assault.


John Tomic was charged with assault after allegedly head-butting the hitting partner, Thomas Drouet, on Saturday before this week's Madrid Open.


In an interview with French sports daily L'Equipe on Tuesday, Drouet says he wants "to help Bernard forbid his father from having access to tournaments" and for him "to be banned from the ATP and the WTA."


Drouet says he saw the elder Tomic hit his son last week, adding "What next? He is a dangerous person, who has nothing to do in this sport of gentlemen."


A Madrid court said Monday that John Tomic disputed the charges and will face trial May 14.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds