WILKES-BARRE — Police reported the following:
• Police are investigating the theft Saturday of 2001 Honda Accord with Pennsylvania license plate JKV6168 from outside a residence in the 200 block of Eastview Drive. The owner of the car, a 36-old-man, said Nakia Wells, 39, stole it. The man said he got into argument with Wells at birthday for his son at her residence on Friday. The man drove away and went to the Eastview Drive residence. He said he saw Wells park her vehicle next to his on Saturday, get inside and drive away. He told police his car was locked but Wells would not return a set of keys when he moved out of her residence approximately one year ago.
• A 23-year-old woman reported her apartment in the 100 block of Barney Street was burglarized between May 10 and Saturday. A 32-inch flat screen TV, an Xbox, headphones and a pair of sunglasses with a combined value in excess of $1,000 were stolen.
• Police are investigating a burglary of a Mundy Street residence. The victim Saturday said entry was made through a side basement window. Cash and jewelry were stolen.
• Jamie Sesnowich of Orchard Street, Glen Lyon, was charged with retail theft after attempting to leave Boscov’s department store Friday with a purse and pair of pants. A store loss prevention officer saw Sesnowich take the items into a bathroom and exit without the merchandise. Sesnowich later went into the bathroom and retrieved the items and was stopped when trying to leave the store through a rear door.
HAZLETON — Police reported the following:
• Police are investigating a hit-and-run accident that occurred at 9:05 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of South Laurel and West Chapel streets. Two vehicles parked legally were struck and sustained moderate damage. A gray 2008 Acura TSX sedan fled the scene. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact the Hazleton City Police Department at 570 459-4940 or through Luzerne County 911.
• Police are investigating a theft from a vehicle that occurred between midnight Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday. The vehicle was parked in the 400 block of East Mine Street. Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact the Hazleton City Police Department at 570 459-4940 or through Luzerne County 911.
BUCKINGHAM TWP. — State police Saturday said a person of interest and the vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run crash on state Route 191 in Wayne County have been identified. No one was in custody.
Nineteen-year-old Zachary Possemato of Hancock, N.Y. was struck and killed while walking along the roadway shortly after 8:30 p.m. Friday, state police said. The crash is still under investigation.