WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Police arrested an Edwardsville woman on drug possession charges Saturday morning after a traffic stop.
Amy O’Kane had parked her vehicle illegally near Walnut and Monroe streets. Two passengers were inside the car, police said.
Officers asked O’Kane if they could look inside her handbag, which was sitting on the passenger-side floor, police said. They found two hypodermic needles a waxed paper packet and one empty Suboxone film packet. Suboxone is a drug to help cease opioid addiction.
O’Kane was processed at police headquarters and released. Charges are pending, police said.
• Police are looking for a man suspected of assaulting his girlfriend and a pregnant woman on April 24.
David Fillmore, 24, of South River Street, fled the scene where, by the victim’s account, he was fighting with his girlfriend on the front porch of their apartment building.
When the pregnant woman tried to stop Fillmore, he pushed her into a wall and struck her in the face.
She told him to stop because she was eight weeks pregnant, but he hit her again and then fled.
Fillmore is also facing misdemeanor charges in Luzerne County Court from an alleged fight on March 29, court records show.
• Patrick Caudle of Market Street, Kingston was taken into custody for alleged public drunkenness after refusing to leave the Dunkin’ Donuts on Public Square at approximately 8:10 a.m. Saturday, police said.
A records’ check indicated there were two warrants for his arrest. He was taken to headquarters where he was held until sober and transported for arraignment, police said.
HAZLETON — City police are investigating the following incidents and ask anyone with information about them to call police headquarters at 570-459-4940/
• A woman suffered minor injuries after she was struck by an unidentified Hispanic female around 1:45 p.m. Saturday in Pine Street Playground, police said.
• An unidentified thief or thieves stole an iPhone 5s model sometime between 1:15 and 2:30 p.m. Saturday from the ladies’ locker room at the Hazleton YMCA, police said.
• A New York City birth certificate, a Social Security card and other personal papers were found Friday near the intersection of North Wyoming and Green streets. The items can be picked up at the Hazleton City Police Department, 40. N. Church St.
• Anthony Piccione, 28, of Freeland, was cited with disorderly conduct following an incident at 3:42 a.m. Sunday.
HANOVER TWP. - The state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement listed the following citations:
• The West Side Social Club, 711 McAlpine St., Avoca, May 2, for allegedly failing to keep records on the licensed premises.
• Triple K Saloon LLC, 577-579 Main St., Edwardsville, May 7, for alleged expired health permit, gambling, sales to a visibly intoxicated person and allowing a minor to be in an area where smoking is permitted.
PLAINS TWP. — Police reported the following:
• Shawn Effert was found walking along state Route 315 at 12:16 a.m. Sunday and appeared to be intoxicated, police said. He was given a ride home by his girlfriend. Police said he will be cited with public drunkenness.
• Eugene Walk reported that his vehicle was dented and the rear window shattered while it was parked in the lot of the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino overnight Sunday.
• A Dodge van reported stolen from New York on Jan. 23 was found abandoned Sunday in the parking lot of the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino.
• Andrew Kopiak was found sleeping at the bar of Charlie B’s on North Main Street at 12:50 a.m. Sunday and refused to leave, police said. Police said he will be cited with public drunkenness.
EATON TWP. — State police reported charges were filed against Ronald Donnora, 43, of Jenkins Township, and Lisa McEvoy, 44, of Pittston Township, in connection with the theft of air conditioner, a sewing machine, meat and a mop from the Walmart store on state Route 29 in Wyoming County on May 3.
Donnora was charged with retail theft, conspiracy to commit retail theft and driving with a suspended license. McEvoy was charged with criminal attempt to commit retail theft, conspiracy to commit retail theft, trespassing and receiving stolen property.
WINDHAM TWP. — State police reported eggs were thrown at a Laceyville woman’s car and the air was let out of the tires while it was parked on Salsman Road between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday.
HAZLE TWP. — State police are investigating the theft of approximately $450 from 88-year-old Joseph Haslego by a man posing as a water company employee.
The suspect took the money from Haslego’s wallet after being allowed into the residence on South Church Street, state police said. The theft occurred between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Friday.
The suspect is described ad an olive-skinned man in his 30s, between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighing between 180 and 190 pounds, wearing a light-blue shirt and blue hooded top.