LARKSVILLE — Police cited Robert J. Lushefski, 52, of Barnes Street, Plymouth, with dumping personal garbage in a Dumpster rented by the Wyoming Valley West School District.
Lushefski, an employee of the school district, dumped trash in a Dumpster behind the State Street Elementary School on Feb. 19 and Feb. 25, police said.
The citations were filed with District Judge David Barilla in Swoyersville.
HAZLETON — A man fleeing police in a vehicle crashed into a Hazleton police cruiser Wednesday, police said.
Jesus Delgado, 27, of North Cedar Street, Hazleton, was driving an Acura Integra in the area of Poplar and Green streets when he failed to stop for a traffic violation just after 1 p.m., police said.
Delgado tried to turn onto 10th Street when he lost control of the car, said police, crashing into a cruiser and two parked vehicles.
Delgado tried to get out of his vehicle but was apprehended, police said.
Delgado was taken to Hazleton General Hospital for minor injuries. He was wanted by Luzerne County Adult Probation, police said.
Court records state Delgado was sentenced in December 2006 to five to 10 years in state prison on a robbery charge. He was paroled in March 2012, according to the records.
HAZLETON — A man remained in critical condition in a hospital Wednesday after he was assaulted in the area of Fifth Street and Lafayette Court on Sunday.
Andrew Joseph Goryl Jr., known as AJ, was found with serious injuries at about 6 a.m., police said.
Police initially did not release Goryl’s name until his family consented in hopes of someone coming forward with information about the assault.
Anyone with information is asked to call Hazleton police at 459-4940.
NANTICOKE — City police reported the following:
• David Rowlands of South Market Street reported a temporary registration sticker was stolen from the rear window of his vehicle.
• Antonik and Associates reported copper tubing was stolen from property that is for sale on West Church Street.
• David Sudimak, of Shavertown, reported a tool box with tools valued at $300 was stolen from the basement of a property he owns on East Ridge Street.
• John Casey, of Chestnut Street, Warrior Run, reported someone damaged the driver-side mirror on his vehicle.
• Police cited Lisa Marie Daubert, 31, of Mill Street, Wilkes-Barre, with public drunkenness after she allegedly was located stumbling at West Ridge and South Hanover streets. Daubert pleaded guilty to public drunkenness on Tuesday and was fined $291, according to court records.
• Police arrested Jeffrey Breyan, 52, of East Grove Street, after he allegedly kicked a woman and yelled profanities in public on Saturday.
Breyan was charged with simple assault, harassment and two counts of disorderly conduct, police said. He was released on $2,500 unsecured bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on March 20 before District Judge Donald Whittaker in Nanticoke.