PLAINS TWP. — A New Jersey man was injured when he lost control of his vehicle while traveling south on Interstate 81 on Friday.
Robert W. Bednar, 60, of Ramsey, lost control of his 2001 Chrysler Sebring that struck a rock embankment at about 12:12 p.m., said state police at Wyoming.
Bednar was transported to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Plains Township, state police said.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Ray Mendrzycki reported on Thursday that someone stole a license plate bearing Pennsylvania registration number YNA2605 from a 2003 Isuzu truck owned by a company located at 333 N. Pennsylvania Ave.
• Someone reportedly stole items from inside a vehicle parked near 15 Terrace St. between 2 and 4 p.m. Wednesday.
• Eric Leonard, of 125 Kent Lane, reported that someone damaged his swimming pool sometime between 10 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• An employee at Pet Wonderland on Wednesday reported illegal dumping on the property. A man driving a silver Acura sedan put a box of wood flooring in the store’s Dumpster, the employee said.
• City police cited Zachary Ryan Kruczek, 20, of Wilkes-Barre, with skateboarding at Riverfront Park on March 10. The citation recently was filed with District Judge Martin Kane.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton said an unknown person drove a Caterpillar dump truck from a construction site at 550 oak Ridge Road, Humboldt Industrial Park, on Thursday into Friday. The dump truck was driven into woods, where it was damaged upon striking a tree. The heavy equipment vehicle was returned from where it was taken, state police said.
The latest incident is the third time construction vehicles from the site have been driven into woods by unknown suspects, state police said.
DURYEA — Police charged Kerri Evans, 38, of Hudson, with open lewdness, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief after she allegedly was observed being nude and smashing items in the 100 block of Chittenden Street on March 16. The charges were filed with District Judge Andrew Barilla in Pittston. A preliminary hearing is scheduled on May 29.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton filed drunken driving charges against Shawn Jason Saullo, 39, of West Hazleton, with District Judge James Dixon.
Saullo allegedly displayed signs of intoxication after he was stopped for a traffic violation at state Route 924 and Cranberry Road on March 2, state police said.