BUTLER TWP. — Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash on South Hunter Highway (state Route 309) Wednesday afternoon.
Police said Louise Denoia, 53, of Hazleton, was driving a 2003 Honda Civic and exiting the Conyngham Floral parking lot at 54 S. Hunter Highway and attempting to cross the left southbound lane of the highway when her vehicle was struck by a 2011 Kia Sorento that Marygrace Mehalick, 43, of Hazleton, was driving north on South Hunter Highway in the left lane.
Madalene Scarlato, 87, a passenger in the Civic, was taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Plains Township by an American Patient Transport System ambulance after she was extricated from the vehicle by members of the Hazle Township Fire Department. She was not wearing a seat belt, police said.
Mehalick was transported to Hazleton General Hospital by an APTS ambulance.
Sugarloaf Township Fire Department assisted. South Hunter Highway was closed for about 30 minutes, police said.
BUTLER TWP. — Carla Dias, 31, of White Haven, was driving near 185 S. Hunter Highway (state Route 309) at about 3:38 a.m. Wednesday when her vehicle struck a deer. She was uninjured, police said.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Michael Wentz, 18, of Hazleton, was cited with animals running at large after police responded to the 600 block of North Wyoming Street at about 1 p.m. Wednesday for a report of a pit bull dog running loose. Police located the dog in the area and later located the dog owner, police said.
• Police cited Leslie Peguero, 19, of South Wyoming Street, with disorderly conduct (unreasonable noise) after responding to 189 S. Wyoming St. for a loud noise complaint at about 4:06 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
WILKES-BARRE — The Wilkes-Barre office of the state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement reported issuing citations to the following establishments for allegedly violating the state crime and liquor codes by possessing or operating gambling devices or paraphernalia or permitting gambling or lotteries, poolselling on the premises:
• Charlie B’s Pub and Eatery, 653 N. Main St., Plains Township, on March 21.
• American Legion Post 815 Wilkes-Barre Township Home Association, 54 Chestnut St., Wilkes-Barre Township, on April 14.
• Hilldale Itlo Club, 20 Chamberlain St., Plains Township, on April 4.