WILKES-BARRE — Police are investigating a shooting that injured two men in a car early Saturday morning.
They drove to the emergency room at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital. Police impounded the car.
No further details were available at press time.
HAZLETON — A city man was arrested for stealing bags of frozen shrimp Friday from Giant Food Stores along South Locust Street, police said.
Larry Palumbo, 49, also was wanted by Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department for skipping a hearing, police said.
After his arraignment before District Judge Joseph Zola, Palumbo was jailed at Luzerne County Correctional Facility in lieu of $10,000 bail
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Pedro Rubi was issued a citation for harassment after sending text messages and voice mail messages to a relative involved in a dispute over a car, police said. The relative reported the harassment to police on Thursday.
• John Jones of Jones Street said Friday the rear window and a driver’s side rear window of his car appeared to be smashed with a rock while it was parked outside his residence. The car’s trunk also was damaged.
• Obiora Igwilo told police that cash, a computer and a GPS unit were stolen from his car while it was parked on North Empire Court between 6 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. Friday.
• Tara Horne Price was issued a citation for retail theft Saturday after she allegedly attempted to leave Schiel’s Market on Hanover Street without paying for two containers of body wash.
• David Bowman was issued a citation for public drunkenness after he allegedly was found lying in Horton Street Saturday afternoon.