WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Police charged Justin Bell, 29, of Cedar Street, Wilkes-Barre, with theft from a vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a prescription medication without a prescription on Thursday. Bell allegedly smashed a car window and took a gym bag at the Kistler Clinic on South Wilkes-Barre Boulevard just before 8:30 p.m., police said.
• A black leather purse was stolen at Miss Ellie’s Education Center on Hanover Street sometime between 9:30 and 11:10 a.m. Tuesday.
• Police cited Joseph Jackiel, 57, of Wilkes-Barre, with defiant trespass, loitering and public drunkenness after he was allegedly found intoxicated and panhandling customers at Turkey Hill on East Main Street on Monday.
HANOVER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Police said they charged Denise Veza, 47, of West Ridge Street, Nanticoke, with two counts of retail theft after she allegedly stole socks and a bra from Dollar General on the Sans Souci Parkway on Tuesday. Veza was jailed at the county prison for lack of $5,000 bail.
• Sarah Dennis, of South Drive, Dallas, reported Thursday her wallet was stolen from her unlocked vehicle when it was parked n West Division Street.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Police said they charged Sean M. Cox, 24, of Hazleton, with firearm offenses after he was allegedly found intoxicated and with a loaded 9mm handgun near Holy Rosary Church on South Poplar Street on Wednesday.
Police said Cox was not licenses to carry a gun. He was charged with firearms not to be carried without a license and public drunkenness, and jailed at the county prison for lack of $10,000 bail.
• Police said someone damaged a 1997 Pontiac in the area of Fourth Street and Lafayette Court on Wednesday.