AVOCA — A woman dispersed pepper spray in the eyes of a would-be robber in the 100 block of Main Street Wednesday night, police said.
Police said a man attempted to steal the woman’s purse at about 10:40 p.m. The woman struggled with the man and was able to remove pepper spray from her pocket and sprayed it in the man’s face.
The man was described as a white male in his 30s, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and wearing a gray T-shirt, black jeans shorts and a white and green baseball hat.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call Avoca police at 457-4011.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Christopher Norman of Wilkes-Barre reported that Pennsylvania license plate, DVG-0690, was stolen from his 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt when it was parked in the area of 117 E. Broad St. The plate was stolen sometime between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Thursday.
• Items were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 500 block of Arthur Street on Thursday.
• A window on a Luzerne County Transportation Authority bus was smashed by a rock that was kicked up by tires of a dark blue vehicle making an illegal pass on the Arthur Gardner Highway on Thursday.
• Stanley Bazewicz, of Hazleton, and Megan Rutkoski, of Hanover Township, were both driving east on the Arthur Gardner Highway just east of South Poplar Street at about 7:20 a.m. when Bazewicz pulled his 2012 Lexus ES350 to the south side of the roadway and his vehicle collided with Rutkoski’s 1999 Subaru Forester when he tried to re-enter the traffic lane, police said. The Lexus was towed from the scene.
• Rhiannon Dawn Rodriguez, 21, was cited with violating the city drug ordinance after police responded to a reported structure fire at 21 E. 3rd St. at 3:03 p.m. Friday and drug paraphernalia was located inside the residence, police said.
• Leorvis Mejia-Gonzales, 20, was cited with violating the city noise ordinance after police responded to the 500 block of Alter Street for a noise complaint. Upon police arrival, loud music could be heard coming from a residence in that area, police said.
HANOVER TWP. — Daniel Birosik of Lee Park reported Thursday money was stolen from his unlocked vehicle.