WRIGHT TWP. — Township officers and Luzerne County Detective Chaz Balogh apprehended David Troy Zarn, 24 Yorktown Road on Monday on an arrest warrant from the state of Michigan.
Zarn has been charged with several felony counts of criminal sexual conduct stemming from incidents that allegedly took place between 2004 and 2006 in Michigan.
An extradition hearing was set for July 25 at the Luzerne County Courthouse. Bail was set at $100,000 straight cash. Zarn was unable to post bail and was taken to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Brandon Underkoffler, 24, was arrested at about 2 a.m. Sunday and charged with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct for allegedly harassing and threatening customers at Turkey Hill, 170 Hazle St.
• A woman told police Sunday that a man whom she had met online and invited to her apartment had stolen her iPad and fled. The woman described the suspect as a black male with a scruffy beard, about 5 feet, 7 inches tall and 230 pounds. He was wearing gray sweatpants, a gray sweater and a red baseball cap. The man also was missing some upper teeth, she said.
• Anthony Massey, 34, was arrested Tuesday on charges he stole items valued at $59.82 from Home Depot on Spring Street. Massey struggled with store security before being apprehended and taken to police headquarters, police said.
• Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Monday at Sherman Hills on North Empire Court. A man from Hutson Street told police he was robbed by two black men. One robber placed a gun to his head and the other stuck a gun in his ribs, he said.
The man said the assailants took his wallet with cash and credit cards and his cellphone. He described one as a light-skinned black male, approximately 25 years old, 5 feet, 10 inches tall, and 250 pounds; he was wearing a gray-and-white hooded shirt. The other suspect was described as a black male, 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 250 pounds, wearing a red shirt.
• Tara Sokola, 191 Willow St., told police Monday that someone had smashed the rear window of her vehicle and stolen her laptop computer overnight. The computer was described as a Dell XT-TWO.
HAZLETON — A harassment citation was filed against a 17-year-old boy after he slapped another boy and threw him into a pool on Tuesday afternoon, city police said.
HANOVER TWP. — A Wilkes-Barre man was arrested Tuesday on charges that he forced a woman to perform oral sex on him.
Township police picked up William James Esser, 27, on an arrest warrant and charged him with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, terroristic threats and simple assault, police said.
Police allege that Esser on July 1 offered a ride to a 25-year-old woman at Academy and South Main streets in Wilkes-Barre, and that the woman accepted the offer because Esser seemed polite and had a 4-year-old boy in the vehicle that he told her was his son.
Esser allegedly drove to a secluded area at the end of Great Valley Boulevard in Hanover Township, forced the woman to perform oral sex on him and told her to quit screaming or he would kill her and leave her there, police said, adding that the woman suffered minor injuries in the incident.
Esser then allegedly drove the woman back to Wilkes-Barre and dropped her off. She provided police with a description of the vehicle and a license plate number and other information related to the suspect, all of which aided police in identifying Esser, police said.
Esser was arraigned before District Judge Joseph Halesey. Unable to post 10 percent of his $20,000 bail, Esser was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 30.