WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• A Franklin Street home was burglarized the week of July 19. The victim reported an unidentified person broke a side window to his home and stole a digital thermostat.
• A barbecue grill was reportedly stolen from an East Main Street backyard between Tuesday night and Wednesday night.
• A Meshoppen woman was taken into custody Thursday after police say they found a small amount of suspected marijuana and reportedly stolen money in her purse.
Angel Halchak, 37, was charged with a misdemeanor count of possessing a small amount of marijuana and released. A High Street resident had reported to police that a visitor stole money and left. Using a description provided, police found Halchak with a male friend at the Turkey Hill along Hazle Street.
Police found six small bags of suspected marijuana, more of the controlled substance balled up in foil and $100, according to reports.
• Police are investigating an alleged road rage incident Thursday around North Main and North streets. The victim claimed that after she hesitated at a green light, an unidentified driver behind her grew irate and followed closely behind, honking his horn, police said.
When the victim stopped, a man described as a black male, about 6 feet, 4 inches tall, unshaven and weighing about 320 pounds, pulled up next to her and shouted while throwing bottles at her car.
The suspect’s car is described as brown with 20-inch chrome wheels.
• A woman told police that the windshield on her 2004 Hyundai was damaged between 12:01 and 2 a.m. Wednesday while it was parked in her driveway in the 100 block of Bradford Street.
• Alexander Navarro said his 2011 Nissan Quest van was damaged while it was parked in the 100 block of North Meade Street between midnight Wednesday and 1 p.m. Thursday. The driver and passenger sides were scratched.
HANOVER TWP. — A Dexter Street resident told police that between May 27 and Saturday, two handguns, a 9 mm Kel-Tec handgun and a 9 mm MasterPiece Defender handgun with a silencer, were taken from his home. A gold and diamond Citizen watch and a gold ring with heart-shaped diamond band insets were also stolen, police said.
Police ask anyone with information to call the department at 570-825-1254.
HAZLE TWP. — Malcolm Little, 26, of Hazleton, was cited with retail theft after he allegedly entered Walmart last Monday, removed a cellphone case from packaging, put the case in his pocket and began leaving the store without paying for the item, which is valued at $4.88, state police in Hazleton said.
Little was stopped by a Loss Prevention officer in the foyer of the store and he ignored requests to come back into the store, fleeing toward the Laurel Mall, police said. Police located Little in the Boscov’s parking lot, they said, and took him into custody.
BLACK CREEK TWP. — Nicholas Schrecengost, 18, of Nuremberg, was cited with criminal mischief after he allegedly damaged a park bench at Black Creek Health Center, state police in Hazleton said.
Health center staff reported that someone damaged a bench on the center property on Wednesday. After speaking with several neighbors, police located and identified Schrecengost as the suspect, and he admitted to damaging the bench, police said.
WILKES-BARRE — State police in Wyoming said Wayne A. Thomas, 28, of Luzerne, was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier south on state Route 309 about 160 yards south of Wilkes-Barre Boulevard on Wednesday when he slowed because of traffic congestion and another vehicle struck the Cavalier from behind.
Both vehicles pulled to the side of the road, but the driver whose vehicle struck the Cavalier then fled the scene, police said. No description of that vehicle was provided.
BEAR CREEK TWP. — Margaret Thomas, of 390 Old East End Boulevard, reported that someone broke a window at her residence while she was away from home between 12:30 and 1:40 p.m. Wednesday.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton reported the following:
• A Wine and Spirits patron left the store after he was told the police were on their way to investigate a suspected counterfeit $20 bill he tried to use at the checkout counter around 9 p.m. Friday.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hazleton barracks at 570-459-3890.
• State police are investigating a burglary that occurred around 8:15 a.m. Saturday at a residence on North Street. A light-skinned Hispanic male with curly hair, wearing a maroon shirt and black or gray shorts, entered the residence. When approached by the resident, the suspect fled on foot into nearby woods. Nothing was taken from the residence.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• A Hazleton man was stopped Friday while driving a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer that police allege was involved in a hit-and-run crash that damaged a parked vehicle June 12 on West 4th Street near the McKinley Street intersection.
Adam Kaminski was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, among other citations.
• Police received two reports of stolen vehicles Friday. A green 2004 Ford Freestar was taken between last Sunday and Friday from the 100 block of South Cedar Street, and a red 2006 Nissan Altima was taken Friday from West 21st Street’s 400 block. Anyone with information is asked to contact city police by dialing 911. The Altima was without a license plate.
• A Hazleton man reported his black iPhone 5 was stolen at Shaker’s Bar, West Broad Street, between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
• Joseph Mitchell, 19, was cited around midnight Friday with underage drinking.
• A woman said two males attempted to break into her house in the 400 block of Berner Avenue around 7:45 a.m. Saturday. The males fled when confronted. One suspect wore a black T-shirt and had curly black hair, a beard and mustache. The other suspect wore a red shirt.
The descriptions matched the suspects in an attempted theft from a vehicle in the 100 block of South Laurel Street around 7:50 a.m. The suspects were seen standing near a parked vehicle. One of them entered the vehicle and the other one tried to open the door of another vehicle. They fled after being confronted by the owner of one of the vehicles.
• Francisco Collazo said Saturday morning that his 2008 BMW was struck overnight in the area of East Broad and Mill streets.
• Police are investigating a crash that occurred around 7:25 a.m. Saturday in the area of 17th and Church streets. Jasmine Wing of Lafayette Court, Hazleton, was driving a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that struck a telephone pole, police said.
• Police are investigating a theft that occurred around 7:30 a.m. Saturday at Boyer’s Food Mart. The suspect is a white male with a thin build, black hair and mustache.
• Police are investigating a hit-and-run incident that occurred in the area of Second Street and Lee Court overnight Saturday. Debris found at the scene belonged to a Mitsubishi. The suspect vehicle has heavy front-end damage.
• Jose Miguel Ortiz-Adomo, of East Diamond Avenue, Hazleton, was cited with careless driving after he was observed allegedly operating his vehicle in a careless manner in the area of Cedar Street and Diamond Avenue at about 6:10 p.m. Monday.
• George R. Melendez, 22, of East 2nd Street, Hazleton, was cited with harassment after police investigated a report of a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of West Broad Street at about 3:10 p.m. July 20.