EDWARDSVILLE — Police filed weapons and assault charges against Adam Hobson, 41, of Wilkes-Barre, after shots were fired during a fight Saturday night on Meyers Street.
Hobson was committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $50,000 bail.
Police said they were dispatched around 11 p.m. to Meyers for a fight involving three men and were informed that two shots were fired. Police located a Ruger .22-caliber, six-shot handgun and took Hobson into custody.
HANOVER TWP. — Police reported the following:
- Amanda Reese, 20, of Rutter Street, was cited with disorderly conduct after she ignored several warnings to stop yelling and screaming in front of her residence around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Police recovered a stolen vehicle around 7 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of the Hanover Village Apartments. The vehicle was reported stolen earlier in the day in Wilkes-Barre. It was towed from the scene.
TUNKHANNOCK — State police reported the following:
- A 15-year-old boy from High Point, N.C., was cited with harassment for unwanted physical contact with a 15-year-old girl and Casey Hoover, 19, of Tunkhannock, at the Walmart in Eaton Township at approximately 10: 40 p.m. Saturday.
EXETER TWP. — State police said an air conditioner was pulled out of the window at the pro shop at Emanon Country Club, Old State Road in Wyoming County sometime between Thursday and Friday.
HAZLETON — Police reported the following:
- A 1996 Buick Century was damaged while it was parked in the area of Hemlock and Wyoming streets between 2 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Brenda Bonacci, 51, of Hazleton said her Samsung Galaxy 4 cell phone was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in the 400 block of East Broad Street between 1 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday.
- A 2013 Honda Accord parked in the 400 block of West Diamond Avenue between 10:30 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday was struck by a vehicle that fled.
- John Krell, 41, of Hazleton was arrested on charges of simple assault and harassment after a domestic disturbance around 6:45 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Alter Street.
- Joseph Silva, 32, of Hazleton, was cited with violating the city’s noise ordinance after a disturbance around 5 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of West First Street.
- The windshield of a Nissan Sentra parked in the 600 block of North Emerald Court was damaged by a concrete brick. The damage occurred between 1:15 a.m. and 2:20 a.m. Sunday.
- Edwein Portorreal, 40, of Hazleton was cited with disturbing the peace after a noise complaint around 12:25 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Pardee Street.
- A residence in the 700 block of East Third Street was burglarized between 7 p.m. Thursday and 11 p.m. Saturday. The front door was forced open and two televisions, a desk top computer, a Sony PlayStation and two XBox game systems were stolen.
- A resident walking in the area of Ninth Street and Manhattan Court found a wallet in the street around 12:30 a.m. Friday. The wallet was a black Nautica brand and contained card and papers with the name of Daniel Snyder. The owner is asked to contact the Hazleton City Police Department to identify the wallet.
- Jeremy Rivera was arrested at approximately 8:35 p.m. Saturday after police responded to a noise complaint in the 300 block of East Mine Street. A records’ check revealed Rivera was wanted by police for failure to appear in court. He was transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
- A woman passed a counterfeit $100 bill at the Family Dollar on West Broad Street at approximately 7:45 p.m. Saturday. The suspect is an Hispanic woman, approximately 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing white clothing.
- Olga Herrera Rodario, 57, was cited with disorderly conduct after police responded to a noise complaint in the 500 block of North Church Street at approximately 7:20 p.m. Saturday.
- A white Ford Focus was involved in a hit-and-run in the area of North Poplar and Spruce streets at 7 p.m. Saturday. Witnesses said the Ford hit three parked vehicles and should have damage to the passenger side front bumper area.
WILKES-BARRE — The city’s tactical unit conducted several investigations that resulted in charges being filed against numerous people on Friday and Saturday.
On Friday after surveillance in response to reports of public drunkenness and open lewdness in the area of Park Avenue and Lehigh Street, police said the following people were arrested and charged with public drunkenness: Tyrone Murphy of Virginia Court, Edwardsville; Maromn Kirkland, Stamford, Conn.; Somora Nieuelder of Roosevelt Street, Kingston; and Wayne Grant of Hazle Avenue, Wilkes-Barre.
On Saturday after surveillance in the area of Mr. Pizza on South Main Street, police said the following people were arrested and charged with public drunkenness: Darius Smith of Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre and Christina Vallequez of Crow Street, Plains Township.
The unit conducted investigations into drug activity and arrested and charged the following people with drug related offenses in connection with possession of drug paraphernalia: Jeff Warke of Walnut Street, Wilkes-Barre; Neil Cimakasky of Nanticoke; Robert Wright of Elm Street, Dupont; Dennis Belles of Hanover Township; and Jason Makita of Swoyersville. Warke also was charged with possession of heroin. George Malesky of Larksville was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
WILKES-BARRE — Police said Candice Kosek of Priestly Street, Wilkes-Barre, was charged with prostitution Saturday after an investigation into prostitution and drug activity in the area of South Main and Ross streets.
WILKES-BARRE — Brandon Villano told police Sunday afternoon his 2004 Dodge Neon was stolen from Kirkendall Avenue.
Villano described the suspect as a black male, 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 110 pounds, and wearing a blue basketball shirt and tan shorts. A suspect matching the description stole a handgun and an MP3 player from a vehicle in Genetti’s parking lot on South Pennsylvania Avenue on Saturday, police said.