FREELAND — A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Sept. 4 before District Judge Gerald Feissner for Jonathan Kochie, 36, of Freeland, on charges of driving under the influence and two traffic violations.
State police at Hazleton said they stopped Kochie for speeding on state Route 940 on July 7. During the traffic stop, state police allege Kochie displayed signs of impairment and as transported for a breath test.
HAZLE TWP. — A preliminary hearing is scheduled Sept. 11 before District Judge James Dixon for Eugene Rybarczyk, 42, of Freeland, on charges of driving under the influence and two traffic violations.
State police at Hazleton said they stopped Rybarczyk for failing to travel within a single lane on state Route 940 on June 9. During the traffic stop, state police allege Rybarczyk displayed signs of intoxication and was transported to Hazleton General Hospital for a blood test.
HANOVER TWP. — A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Aug. 27 before District Judge Joseph Halesey for Renee Scubelek, 40, of Old Forge, and Arthur Partington, 37, of Hanover Township, on charges of driving under the influence and traffic violations.
Township police said Scubelek and Partington were in separate vehicles following each other when they collided at South Main and Dundee Road on June 16. Scubelek and Partington fled the accident and later found by police allegedly intoxicated, police said.
HAZLETON — A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Aug. 28 before District Judge Joseph Zola for Samantha Rose Fisher, 18, of Sugarloaf, on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
City police said they found Fisher allegedly in possession of crack cocaine and a crack pipe while investigating a suspicious vehicle in the 500 block of Alter Street on July 29.
PLYMOUTH TWP. — State police at Wyoming cited Robert John Jones Jr., 28, of West Nanticoke, with harassment after he allegedly pushed Fred Leo Kindler, of Nanticoke, at 24 W. Poplar St. on Aug. 5.
KINGSTON TWP. — Scott Allen Alfonso Jr., 20, of Shavertown, was arraigned Sunday on charges he assaulted a neighbor on Oriole Lane.
Alfonso jumped out of a window at his residence and allegedly assaulted Harold Whipple at about 10 p.m. Saturday, according to the criminal complaint.
Whipple maced Alfonso with pepper spray during the alleged assault.
Alfonso was charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct, harassment and underage drinking. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
DUPONT — Michael Scott Davis, 44, of Dupont, was arraigned Sunday on a simple assault charge after he allegedly punched his girlfriend in the face in their residence on Lackawanna Avenue.
Police said the woman suffered facial injuries.
Davis was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
DURYEA — Brian Thomas Kobeski, 45, of Duryea, was arraigned Sunday on charges he assaulted a woman during an argument about a cellphone.
Kobeski was charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct, harassment and theft. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $3,000 bail.
KINGSTON — Kimberly A. Sachs, 52, of West Dorrance Street, Kingston, was arraigned Sunday on charges she sold five Oxycondone tablets for $100 from her residence.
Sachs was charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and a single count of criminal use of communication facility. She was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $100,000 bail.
KINGSTON — Craig Lee Hickson, 23, of Rutter Avenue, Kingston, was arraigned Saturday after police allege they found 2 pounds of marijuana hidden in sweatshirt during a traffic stop.
Hickson was a passenger in a vehicle stopped when the driver, who was not charged, failed to use a turn signal at Rutter Avenue and Ridge Avenue on Friday. Police said the car was a rental.
A search of the rented car revealed marijuana in a bag wrapped in a sweatshirt and stuffed between seats, according to the criminal complaint.
Hickson was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released after posting $50,000 bail on Monday.
EXETER — Jerome Joseph Naparlo, 61, of Slocum Avenue, was arraigned Sunday on charges he threatened to shoot a police officer.
Police said they went to Naparlo’s residence after he allegedly called 911 several times Saturday night. Naparlo told police he was drunk and was told by an officer to stay inside.
Naparlo approached the officer outside, stating he had a gun and was going to shoot the officer, according to the criminal complaint.
Naparlo was charged with terroristic threats, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He was released on $5,000 unsecured bail.
JACKSON TWP. — Township police are investigating a burglary at 280 Zbiek Road on Friday. Police believe the suspect entered the house through an unlocked door and stole a television and a laptop computer.
Anyone with information about the burglary is asked to call Jackson Township police at 675-8500.
FORTY FORT — A man allegedly offered money to police officers to let him go after he was Tasered and caught running from a domestic disturbance on West Pettebone Street on Friday.
Richard Allen Brown, 25, of McKendree Road, Shickshinny, was arraigned on charges of terroristic threats, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, harassment and public drunkenness. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $7,500 bail.
According to the criminal complaint:
Police investigating a disturbance at 11:53 p.m. Friday spotted Brown climbing a fence behind the West Pettebone house. An officer chased Brown who was Tasered when he refused to stop.
Brown offered money to police to let him go, the complaint says.
Brown was transported to Forty Fort Police Department, where he asked police to let him escape. He allegedly told police he knows people who will slit the officers’ throats, according to the complaint.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Police said they captured Clayton Canaii, 37, of Blakeslee, while investigating a suspicious person in the area of Fifth and Locust streets on Monday. Canaii was wanted by state Department of Parole.
• A pair of Ralph Lauren were stolen after delivery to a residence in the 500 block of Grant Street on Monday.
• Police said a 50 inch LG television was stolen from a residence in the 600 block of Alter Street sometime between 1 p.m. Friday and noon Monday.
PLAINS TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Wesley Marincavage reported at 10:52 p.m. Aug. 11 that he parked his Honda CRX in Lot A at the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino and someone bent his window and door frame and entered the vehicle, stealing radio equipment and his car battery.
• Several resident in the area of Warner and Maffett Streets reported that sometime overnight between Aug. 11 and 12, their unlocked vehicles were entered and several items were removed. Residents are strongly advised to lock their vehicles and remove personal items.
• Justin Jarski, of Plains Township, was arrested at 3:20 p.m. Aug. 12 after police observed him allegedly looking inside parked vehicles and stealing items from them at the Weis Plaza on North River Street. Jarski had in his possession a Nintendo 3DS and a Tom Tom GPS along with drug paraphernalia, police said.
Jarski was charged with theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility and jailed for lack of $2,500 bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for today before District Judge Diana Malast.
• Joshua Gordner, of Montoursville, was cited with disorderly conduct after police responded to the Mohegan Sun Casino at 12:30 a.m. Sunday for a report of a male being combative with security officers.
• Shawn Davis was cited with public drunkenness and harassment against his wife after police responded to a domestic disturbance at 20 Sand St. at 12:17 a.m. Aug. 11.
• Ball hitches were stolen from several trucks parked overnight at the Extended Stay Hotel on state Route 315 between Aug. 10 and 11.
• Police arrested Anthony Fanelli, who was wanted by the Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department, after responding to a domestic disturbance at 217 Ridgewood Road at 12:29 a.m. Sunday, police said.
Fanelli’s girlfriend, Jennifer Wisniewski also was wanted, but she fled the area, police said.
• Lori Trapane, of Hunlock Creek, was taken into custody and transported to the county lockup at 8:18 p.m. Thursday after police responded to the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino at Breakers for a female employee who was wanted by the county Sheriff’s Department for failure to appear for a hearing, police said.
POCONO TWP. — Four people from the Wyoming Valley were arrested on drug charges after a traffic stop in the Poconos on Thursday.
Police said they found suspected marijuana, methamphetamine and heroin after a traffic stop at about 3:30 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 80 West in Pocono Township.
Juan Carlos Reyes, Joseph Angel Santiago and Markel Jermille Esnard, all of Wilkes-Barre, and Jasmin Santiago, of Plymouth, face charges of multiple drug violations, state police in Swiftwater said.
Police said they initially stopped the vehicle, a silver Chevrolet Cruze with Florida registration, for speeding. During the stop, officers detected multiple indicators of criminal activity and found about 8.6 ounces of suspected marijuana during a consent search.
A later search with a warrant uncovered 250 bags of suspected heroin and 50 capsules containing suspected methamphetamine also in the vehicle.