WILKES-BARRE — City police charged David Boesche, 30, of Wilkes-Barre, with endangering the welfare of children and a gun offense after he allegedly assaulted a woman on Marlboro Avenue at about 12:25 p.m. Monday.
Police investigated a reported domestic dispute at 33 Marlboro Ave. during which Boesche allegedly struck Chaquitta Morton and threw her to the ground in front of her four children.
Boesche left the residence and later returned, intending to fight Morton and her friend, police said. Boesche had a pistol in his waistband when he was arrested, police said.
Boesche was charged with six counts each of terroristic threats and reckless endangerment, four counts of child endangerment and one count each of simple assault, disorderly conduct, possession of a controlled substance, harassment and possession of a weapon. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $10,000 bail.
EDWARDSVILLE — Jordan L. Stevenson, 25, of Larksville, was arraigned Tuesday on charges he burglarized an apartment and stole a cellphone.
Jean Jones told police Stevenson left her Main Street apartment with her cellphone at about 9:55 p.m. Monday.
Stevenson walked to Hilltop Apartments, where police allege he entered an apartment through a window, according to the criminal complaint. Stevenson told police he was in “Heather’s” apartment but could not provide the woman’s last name, the complaint states.
Stevenson was charged with burglary, criminal trespass and theft. He was released without bail.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• William Connor reported at 7:11 p.m. Sunday that someone stole the lug nut caps off his vehicle while it was parked in the parking lot of the Walmart Supercenter at Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace.
• Joseph Bobyak reported at 9:16 p.m. Sunday that someone broke into his Metcalf Street home and stole various personal items.
• Thomas Mislivets reported at 8:04 a.m. Monday that someone had broken into Bone’s Bar, 1110 Wilkes-Barre Township Blvd., and stole an undetermined amount of cash.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Melissa Sanabria, 26, of East Chestnut Street, Hazleton, was picked up by police in the area of Chestnut and Hazle streets at about 7:30 p.m. Monday on an outstanding bench warrant for failure to appear out of Monroe County and transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility, police said.
• Willie Davis reported Tuesday an unknown person stole his prescription medication, wallet, debit card and medical cards from his West Maple Street apartment.
• A clerk at Turkey Hill, 800 Alter St., reported Monday that a man wearing an orange shirt, khaki shorts and dark shoes failed to pay for a hot dog.