September 22. 2013 12:50AM
PLAINS TWP. — Arthur Sutton of Wilkes-Barre was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and providing a false report to police after his Ford Mustang crashed onto its roof on South Main Street early Friday morning, police said.
Police say they found the car at 1:30 a.m., but the driver was not at the scene.
Sutton called Luzerne County 911 to report his car was stolen, police said. When they arrived to speak with him, police say, they noticed glass fragments on his shirt and face. He allegedly exhibited signs of alcohol impairment. Sutton also had the car's key fob in his pants pocket, police said.
He was taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center for a blood alcohol test.
HANOVER TWP. — Shmoopy's Bar & Grill was robbed early Friday morning, city police said. The thief or thieves stole an undetermined amount of money and damaged a jukebox.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Donald Jedrick of Irving Place was issued a citation for public drunkenness around 6 p.m. Friday after police said they saw him urinating in bushes near Gildersleeve Street. Jedrick was intoxicated to a degree that he was a danger to himself and others, police said. He was taken into custody and cited.
• A Beekman Street resident reportedly heard people in her home around 5 a.m. Saturday. She, along with a guest, investigated and found two males inside whom she did not know, police said.
The victim reported one was a larger black male and the other a thinner, light-skinned male who reportedly took a pack of cigarettes, a mobile phone and prescription medicines before escaping in a loud vehicle, police said.
• Two Wilkes-Barre men were arrested on charges they wrote bad checks cashed at the Corner Post Federal Credit Union, Wilkes-Barre.
George Moses, 32, of Main Street, and Najir Jackson, 23, of River Street, were charged with forgery, theft by deception and writing bad checks, according to police.
HAZLETON - Police reported the following:
• Leslie Labrador, 39, was issued a citation for allegedly violating the city's noise ordinance. Police say they heard loud music coming from a residence on East Diamond Avenue around 6:45 p.m. Friday.
• David Halaburda, 19, of Barnesville, was issued citations for harassment and disorderly conduct after allegedly causing a disturbance around 5:35 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of Sherman Court.
• Austin Falensky, 20, of Hazle Township was issued a citation for driving with a suspended license following a crash around 2:45 p.m. Friday in the area of South Church and West Chapel streets, police said.
Falensky was driving a 1999 Jeep Cherokee south on South Church Street where he was rear-ended by a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Heather Graham, 43, of Grant Street, Hazleton, according to police. The drivers and Brooke Burke, 20, of Drums, a passenger in Falensky's vehicle, were taken by ambulance to Hazleton General Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Graham's Jeep was towed from the scene. Falensky's vehicle sustained minor damage, police said.
• Gisela Pratt, 32, of Hazleton, was cited for harassment and disorderly conduct around 3:30 p.m. Friday after an incident near 9th and Arthur streets, police said.