WILKES-BARRE — A Luzerne County judge on Tuesday pushed back the trial date of a man charged with murder to begin one week later to allow attorneys in the case to file important court papers.
Judge Richard Hughes scheduled the trial of Breon Judon to begin Sept. 30 after attorneys in the case filed papers last week and Tuesday morning. Hughes said attorneys have one week to respond to those requests and that he will then issue a decision.
Hazleton city police and county detectives say Mitchell Dedes, 18, and Judon, 20, of North Lafayette Court, Hazleton, set up a deal to sell crack cocaine to Aaron Reznick, 29, of Hazleton, on Aug. 4, 2012.
Mitchell pleaded guilty last week to a third-degree murder charge. The two men were originally scheduled to stand trial on Sept. 23.
Reznick did not have money but offered his iPhone to Dedes and Judon as collateral, authorities said.
Dedes and Judon blamed each other for causing fatal injuries to Reznick.