If you’re just now remembering that today is Mother’s Day, you still have some time to make mom or the mother of your children happy.
Check out these offers from Hallmark first: http://www.hallmark.com/offers/ Not sure if it will still be available today or not but as of Friday there was a $5 off a $10 store purchase coupon available for printing. Stock up on cards with this deal.
Need that last minute ice cream cake? Head to Friendly’s with this coupon for $3 off one: http://tinyurl.com/cnl7tw3
Maybe mom’s a NASCAR fan? Now’s the time to buy tickets for the June 9 running of the Party in the Poconos 400 Presented by Walmart. Pocono Raceway is selling all concourse grandstand tickets for $25, which is half off regular ticket prices. And there’s a special eight percent discount on select terrace grandstand seats too through May 22. To purchase your tickets while the eight percent off offer visit www.poconoraceway.com and enter promo code PARTYNOW.
Perhaps perfume is more in line with her sensibilities? Head to Victoria’s Secret today and purchase any one ounce or larger bottle of Eau de Parfum and you’ll receive a $15 reward gift card that is good for most store purchases May 13-22.
This gift won’t arrive in time to help you today but you can always order it and have it in hand for a future gift for dad, birthday, anniversaries or holidays. Go to Shutterfly.com and order a 3×5 photo magnet, which is a $7.99 item, and use the coupon code FREEMAGNET to get it for free. You will still have to pay $3.99 for shipping but it’s still a nice gift and a low cost. Hurry, the offer ends Wednesday.
Gift cards as another quick gift that could benefit both that special mother and yourself. Among the places that have free bonus gift cards when you purchase one are:
* TGI Friday’s is offering a free $5 Bonus Bites gift card valid to use in July or August for every $25 gift card you buy in store on online. The in-store supply of Bonus Bites is limited but you can do the offer online through June 30. By the way, today only at TGI Friday’s, select bottles of wine are being sold half off to celebrate your celebrating mom. So drink up.
* Smokey Bones is offering a free $5 gift card with each $25 in gift card purchases made.
* Applebee’s is offering a free $10 bonus card with the purchase of $50 in Applebee’s gift cards. The good part about these bonus gift cards is that they’re good to use the day after you purchase the $50 in gift cards and they’re good through July 1.
* Outback Steakhouse has a free $10 bonus card for every $50 in Outback gift cards you purchase. The bonus cards can be used May 13 through July 15. They’re also not valid until the day after you’ve purchased them.
* Ruby Tuesday is offering a $15 bonus certificate with every $50 in gift cards purchased online only at rubytuesday.com/gift-cards/ The bonus certificate will be emailed to you and is valid for redemption from May 13 – July 15 and for food only, not alcohol, tax or gratuity. It’s also not good in conjunction with any other coupons or offers.
* LongHorn Steakhouse is giving those who buy a $25 gift card a free $5 bonus gift card. Check with the restaurant for expiration details.
* Chili’s has an interesting set up for those ordering gift cards online. Through a partnership with FTD, the floral delivery company, those ordering a $25 Chili’s gift card online through May 13 will be emailed a $10 FTD promotional eCard, redeemable on FTD products at ftd.com/ Also anyone, whether you buy a Chili’s gift card or not, can go to www.ftd.com/chilis to receive a 15 percent discount on FTD products. And yes, you can combine the 15 percent discount and $10 promo code. Go here for more details: http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/giftnow.aspx
Plenty of locally owned restaurants are offering Mother’s Day brunch buffets today. Most required reservations but sometimes there are cancellations so if you really wanted to go somewhere but thought you missed the boat, it’s worth making a call. You never know, they might be able to seat you. Genetti’s, The Woodlands, Eagle Rock Resort, Arturo’s and Pasquale’s are among those offering brunches.