Andrew M. Seder
Camelbeach Waterpark in Tannersville is a fun getaway for the family, but tickets can be a bit pricey if you’re on a tight budget like many of us. Here’s a way to save some money. Go to camlebeach.com and order a general admission ticket, which regularly retails for $38, for $27 when you enter the code DEVEREUX13. The tickets can be used any day this summer season but the code will not last quite as long. So order now.
The water park is donating $13 of each ticket purchased with this code to Devereux Pocono Center, a residential treatment facility for mentally disabled adults located in the Poconos.
Speaking of the greater Tannersville area, head over to The Crossings Premium Outlets for some rocking July 4th sales this week. Bass Shoes has its buy-one pair, get-two-pair free sale going on through Thursday. Bonus deal here: Make sure you get enrolled at the store in the G.H. Bass Co. Rewards Club and once you have that card in hand, shop the BOG2 free sale with this bonus coupon that will net you another 30 percent off your purchase: http://tinyurl.com/qhzzn82
Remember, today is the last day to take advantage of many of the bonus gift card offers being promoted by some area restaurants. The typical deal allows you to get a free $5 bonus gift card or more when you purchase a $25 gift card. Among the eateries where the deal will run out today are Smokey Bones and TGI Fridays. Many other similar offers stopped earlier this month.
Here’s another cool coupon to print out and use before the end of the day Tuesday at your local Friendly’s restaurant: http://tinyurl.com/pf5bye9 It is good for a buy-one, get-one-free Friend-z.
The week of July 4th is always a good week for sales at retailers. And buy-one, get-one free deals seem to be the trend this week. Here’s the best of the bunch:
• Rite Aid has plenty of buy-one, get-one-free offers, including many Banana Boat sun care products.
• Weis has a ton of BOGOs, including my favorite BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s. If you’ve never tasted it, this is an opportune time to do so. Spend $25 this week at Weis and use the coupons on the front of this week’s circular tucked inside today’s Times Leader to score a free Pepsi two-liter, free Lindy’s Italian Ice and a gallon of Turkey Hill iced tea for 99 cents.
• Shur Save has grill items, including Sabrett hot dogs and Stroehmann and Sunbeam rolls and buns BOGO.
• Redner’s Warehouse Markets have family packs of boneless chicken breasts and pork chops BOGO deals and Lay’s chips, too.
• Price Chopper has blackberries, strawberries and raspberries BOGO deals plus select bagged Dole salads.