FORTY FORT: Forty Fort Ministerium is hosting its annual Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to noon Aug 12-16 at the Forty Forty Presbyterian Church, 1224, Wyoming Avenue. Classes will be provided for children ages 5-12.
This year’s theme is “Jesus my Savior and My Friend.” There will teachings, singing, crafts and refreshments.
Pre-registration is not necessary, but would be helpful. To register call 709-2320 and leave a message.
KINGSTON: The Kingston Seventh-day Adventist Church is conducting a free prophecy seminar for the community from Aug. 12-21 at the church, 17 Second Avenue. The seminar will begin at 7 p.m. every night, except for Aug. 15. There will be no meeting on that day.
The guest speaker is Evangelist Courtney W. Wickham from The Andrews Theological Seminary. He will discuss how God is in control during these uncertain times and how the Bible provides the answers to life’s most challenging questions. The public is invited.
For more information, call the church at 570-287-6647 or visit www.kingston25adventistchurchconnect.org.
MOUNTAIN TOP: St. Paul Lutheran Church announces the following events.
• Board Game Day is held at 1 p.m. every third Wednesday . A sign-up sheet is located on a table in the narthex. The next game day is Aug. 21.
• Hoagie orders for August must be received by Aug. 11 and picked up on Aug. 15. Cost is $3.50 each.
• The “Book of Faith’ Bible-study series will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday and Aug. 20.
• The Mountain Top Food Bank is open from 9:30 a.m. to noon on Fridays at the church.
• The Mountain Top Free Clinic is open from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Mondays at the church. Patients are seen on a first-come basis.
• A family hiking trip to Ricketts Glen and Francis Childs parks is planned for Aug. 11 after the second service.
MOUNTAIN TOP: United Church of Christ, 7768 Blue Ridge Trail, is hosting its annual church picnic on Aug. 11. The day will begin with worship at 10:30 a.m. The picnic will begin after the service. There will be hot dogs, hamburgers, side dishes, games and bingo.
WARRIOR RUN: The Ladies Aid Society of the Welsh Presbyterian Church, 390 Chestnut St., is holding an indoor picnic at the group’s monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. All members are urged to attend.
WILKES-BARRE: Unity of NEPA: A Spiritual Center, 149 S. Grant St., announces the following events.
• A webinar entitled “Great Communicators Can Move Mountains” with Corey Hansen will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Aug. 14. Hansen has 15 years of experience as a coach with a diverse background covering corporate and theatrical audiences. For more information visit http://www.coreyhansen.biz/index.html.
• A Creative Ministry Service will take place at 10 a.m. on Aug. 18. The focus will be on sacred worth and acceptance.
• “The Hip Sip” Unity Coffeehouse will host special guest Jeff Raught on Aug. 24. Raught is a musician known for his original songs and stories that give biblical themes a humorous twist. Doors will open at 6 p.m. in Harmony Hall.
• Guest speaker David Beverly will give his message at 10 a.m. on Aug. 25.