The American Lung Association is offering a free wellness workshop and luncheon on May 7 at the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Hotel to employers, high-risk individuals and the under-served populations in the area.
An RSVP by May 1 is required.
The mini workshops cover a variety of topics, including:
• Allergies and asthma education with Dr. Gregory Cali
• Lung function testing with Luzerne County Community College staff
• Tobacco education and cessation by the American Lung Association
• Hearing testing by Audible Hearing
• Radon awareness and free test kits by the American Lung Association
• Stress reduction with Yoga breathing by Leverage Fitness
• Healthy diets with a Shur-Save Supermarket nutritionist
• Lung health and lung disease with Kindred Hospital
• 30 second anti-oxidant testing on the palm
• Immunization table of information with Wilkes-Barre City Health Department
• Financial health check-up talk
In addition, the kick-off luncheon will be held for the American Lung Association’s Fight For Air Walk/Run planned for June 7 at King’s College, Betzler Fields, Wilkes-Barre Township.
The event starts at 10 a.m. and the 15-minute workshops are held throughout the morning until noon when the luncheon begins.
Call The American Lung Association at 570 823-2212 to RSVP with your name, phone number and names of all attending or email firstname.lastname@example.org.