PLYMOUTH — Police are investigating an armed robbery at Turkey Hill on West Main Street early Monday morning.
A white man with his face and eyes concealed by a ski mask and sunglasses entered the store at about 1:10 a.m. and brandished a knife to a clerk, police said.
Police said the suspect tapped the knife on the counter demanding money from the cash register. The suspect fled the store and was last seen running on Center Avenue.
Police said the suspect was dressed in black hooded sweatshirt, gray pants and white sneakers.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Plymouth police Officer Josh Evans at 570-779-2147.
SPRINGBROOK TWP. — State police said David Resse, 57, was killed Saturday night when he drove his all terrain vehicle through a stop sign at the intersection of state Route 690 and Laurel Road into the path of a Jeep Wrangler.
Reese, of Springbrook Township, was thrown from the ATV and pronounced dead at the scene of the crash that occurred at 9:21 p.m. in Lackawanna County. The 17-old-driver of the Jeep was not injured, state police said.
HAZLETON — Police reported the following:
• Police are investigating the theft of tools overnight Monday from an unoccupied apartment building in the 600 block of Alter Street. The victim was doing construction work in the building.
• Police are investigating a case of harassment by communication involving a woman from North Cedar Street. The woman Monday said she has been receiving harassing communications from an unknown person on her Facebook account.
• Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that occurred between 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of Samuels Avenue. The victim’s vehicle was parked along the avenue when it was struck.
BUTLER TWP. — Police reported the following:
• Kimberly Frink, 24, of Drums, was taken into custody on evidence of driving under the influence at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday in the area of South Hunter Highway. Police said charges are pending the results of a blood alcohol content test.
• Tawnee Crump, 24, of West Hazleton, was cited with public drunkenness after police were dispatched to the area of the South Hunter Highway at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday.
• David Barna, 22, of Hazleton, violated a protection from abuse order at approximately 1 p.m. Sunday and will face a charge of indirect criminal contempt. The PFA was obtained by a woman who lives on West Butler Drive.
• Thomas O’Donnell, 24, of Drums, was cited with harassment after police were dispatched to a reported assault at a residence on Nesco Manor Road at approximately 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Jeremy Baer, 24, of Freeland, was charged with institutional vandalism, criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance.
Police said Baer was in possession of synthetic marijuana and when taken to police headquarters he damaged a holding cell. He was taken to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for an overnight arraignment.
LEMON TWP. — State police said Timothy Wilk, 33, of Hanover Township, and Donald C. Adams III, 24, of Factoryville, were cited with harassment after a fight outside a residence on East Avery Station Road, Wyoming County, on May 13.
HANOVER TWP. — Police reported the following:
• Shakir Asim Bryant of Mark Drive was arrested Sunday on a warrant for failure to appear in court for a charge of simple assault. Police received information that he was at an apartment in the Marion Terrace Apartments. He was taken into custody and committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
• Sally Hayden of Center Street, Upper Askam, reported her swimming pool had been cut overnight Monday.
• Police are investigating a break-in at Dundee Beverage on the Sans Souci Parkway. A cinder block was thrown through a 7-foot-by-1-foot window to gain entry. Cash was stolen from the register change box. The burglary occurred between 9:15 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Christina Defelice of Lee Park reported Sunday the theft of her gas-powered lawnmower from her backyard between Thursday and Sunday. The mower was valued at $100.
WILKES-BARRE — Police are investigating the theft of copper pipe from an unoccupied residence on Espy Street.
A rear basement door was kicked in to gain entry between 4 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday. The owner told police she thinks that the person who burglarized the house will return to take the remaining copper.