Quantcast


Last updated: June 23. 2014 10:37PM - 2796 Views
By - smocarsky@civitasmedia.com



Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

PITTSTON — Two families were displaced today after a grease fire damaged one apartment, and smoke and water from that fire damaged another.


Pittston City Assistant Fire Chief Frank Roman said his crews quickly extinguished a stove fire in a second-floor apartment at 85 LaGrange St. in which a man, woman and their two children were living.


The grease fire extended to cupboards and walls, but fire damage was limited to the kitchen, Roman said.


The apartment also sustained smoke and water damage, as did a downstairs apartment in which another family of four resides, Roman said.


The family from the fire-damaged apartment will be housed by the American Red Cross, Roman said, and the people in the downstairs apartment will stay with relatives.


A third apartment in the building sustained no damage, and the four people living there were not displaced, Roman said.


He did not release the names of any of the fire victims.


The fire was reported to Luzerne County 911 at 6:46 p.m. There were no injuries reported.


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Wilkes-Barre Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com