LAUREL RUN — A neighbor used fire extinguishers to smoother a fire at 414 Rabbit Run Lane in the Laurel Run Estates trailer park Thursday morning.
Firefighters from Laurel Run, Hanover Township and Wilkes-Barre Township responded to the blaze in the trailer park off East Northampton Street at about 8 a.m.
Fire officials said a neighbor saw smoke coming from the trailer and grabbed two fire extinguishers he used to smother the flames.
A woman sleeping in the trailer was able to escape.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters spent nearly two hours at the trailer making sure the fire was out. A malfunctioning furnace was being blamed for the fire.