HOLLENBACK TWP. — Officials believe an electrical outlet caused a residential fire early Tuesday morning.
Crews were dispatched at 7 a.m. to a second alarm structure fire at 537 Birch Road in Hollenback Township. Robert Reader, fire chief of Hobbie Volunteer Fire and EMS, said crews arrived to find the homeowner spraying the side of the house with water. Crews had to remove paneling and insulation from the house to extinguish the flames.
No injuries were reported.
Reader said the damage to the house was minor, and that the fire was probably caused by an electrical shortage. The homeowner, who declined to be identified, also said an electrical outlet caused the fire.
The family was able to remain in the residence despite the fire. The homeowner declined to comment further.
Reader did not anticipate that the fire would be investigated further.
Other responders included fire departments from Wright, Nescopeck, Sugarloaf and Dorrance Townships. West Hazleton Rapid Intervention Team and Slocum EMS also responded to the scene.