UPDATED 7:33 P.M.: MONROE TWP. — Emergency crews responded to a reported gas leak this afternoon at the Chapin Dehydration Station operated by PVR Partners just off state Route 309.
Kunkle Volunteer Fire Department Chief Jack Dodson said PVR technicians showed up on scene about 10 minutes after he called to report it at 4:47 p.m.
The technicians stopped the leak shortly after their arrival.
Crews from Back Mountain Regional Fire and Ambulance, Kunkle Volunteer Fire Department and fire police from Harveys Lake were on-scene.
Air samples taken around 5:45 p.m.by a Kunkle Fire crew member showed no sign of explosive gas in the air.
“We’re trying to get the PVR guy to cooperate,” Dodson said after the technician drove in to the station without stopping to talk with emergency crews.
PVR Partners took Dodson and a Wyoming County Emergency member into the station for briefing around 7:45 p.m.