WILKES-BARRE — City police will charge Tyrone Scott of Edwardsville with terroristic threats, unlawful restraint, recklessly endangering another person and two counts of simple assault following an incident on Coal Street Saturday morning around 8.
According to police: Scott was in the home at 294 Coal St., when the female victim returned and found Scott, her ex-boyfriend, waiting for her. Police said the victim managed to get away and fled to a neighbor’s apartment where officers spoke to her. The victim’s pants were torn and her legs had multiple scratches on them. The victim had multiple facial injuries she said where from an earlier domestic dispute.
Police said the victim told Scott to leave at which time he became agitated and grabbed her and forced her into the bathroom. She said Scott filled the bathtub with water and told her he was going to put her in it, then left the room and returned with a knife from her kitchen.
The victim said Scott told her to stay in the bathroom and he was going to another room to retrieve his cigarettes. The victim said she took this opportunity to flee from the apartment. She said she fled through the apartment’s rear door and screamed for help. She said Scott chased her, threw her down, placed her in a choke hold and held the kitchen knife to her neck, threatening to stab her. She said Scott said he would kill her if she or anyone else called the police.
The victim was transported to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital by medics. Scott fled the scene and could not be located, police said.
HAZLETON — Police were on East 3rd Street’s 700 block for reported shots fired. No injuries were reported, police said.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Paramedics found David J. Rosengrant around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home along Catlin Avenue overdosed on drugs, police said. A hypodermic needle and 28 packets of heroin were found lying next to him, police said.
• Ronald A. Franklin was cited with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct when officers found him urinating in the street around 5 p.m. Friday near the South Main and Ross streets intersection, police said.
• A Wilkes-Barre man got what he was asking for around 10:30 Saturday morning.
David Torres of Kelly Avenue was reportedly waving his arms in the street shouting, “Just arrest me already. I’ll give you something to arrest me for,” according to police.
Police arrested Torres for alleged public drunkenness.
• Police are investigating a reported assault that happened around 8:45 a.m. Saturday. The victim reported he was getting out of his car along Sambourne Street when an unseen assailants hit him in the back of the head, kicked him in the ribs and robbed him of his wallet and keys.
Police said the victim woke up near Cee-Kay Auto store along South Main Street and asked employees there for help. He could not remember where he parked his car or even describe it to police.
• Jeffrey Geiger of Wilkes-Barre was arrested for alleged possession of a controlled substance around 4:15 p.m. Friday near Spruce and McClean Streets.