Summer is a time for fun, relaxation and adventures. There’s also more time on your hands, so why not get creative? Here are five ways to make your food more fun this summer:
5. Cookie-cutter fruit. Take a star- or heart- shaped cookie cutter and press it into a medium thick piece of fruit. Watermelon, honeydew and pineapple are great for a shape- fruit kabob. Add some berries in between for visual effect.
4. That recipe you’ve always wanted to try but think you’ll make a mess: think again. Whether it’s sushi or baked fries, there are plenty of online step-by-step videos and books. Pick one and try it with a friend, and make sure to take all the necessary precautions. And even if you do make a mess, it was fun to try.
3. Diced apples and crushed walnuts. Both are healthy and refreshing and together they taste so good. It’s really simple to make and you can add in other ingredients as well, like a fresh fruit trail mix.
2. Popcorn and ice cream. Sounds weird, but the sweet and salty go really well together. Also try potato chips dipped in chocolate and fries in your frosty.
1. Mini-pancakes on a stick. If you put wooden fondue sticks on top of the pancake, it will sink it and stick together. It’s a creative way to eat your breakfast, utensil free. Yum.
These are only a few ways to brighten up your kitchen and are fun for all ages. All of these are especially great for the 4th of July, and they’re simple ways to enjoy your summer a little more.