Having trouble with homework? Here are ten tips to help you get off to a good start this school year.
1. Set aside a special place for doing homework, stocked with supplies, such as rulers, pencils, erasers, etc.
2. Focus. Limit phone calls, and turn off the TV. You don’t want to be distracted.
3. Don’t wait until bedtime to do it. Not only will you be worn out, but you will also be tired and your mind will not function as well.
4. Do the harder homework first, because it will be easier while your mind is fresh.
5. Focus on the positive. Instead of moaning about how hard it is to learn French, think about the great history report you turned in last week.
6. Make sure you have all necessary materials for class. It’s very difficult to do algebra homework without a textbook.
7. If you do forget, try to get the homework from a friend.
8. For weekend homework, do not begin on Sunday evening. If you do, and realize you forgot a textbook, there’s no way to get it done on time.
9. Put it back in your binder immediately after completion. That way, you have no chance of leaving it at home.
10. Write assignments in an agenda book, and check frequently to be sure that you have finished everything.