Saturday, July 12, 2014





Manslaughter suspect dies, case withdrawn


January 16. 2014 5:27PM

By - rdupuis@civitasmedia.com




Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


WILKES-BARRE — The Luzerne County District Attorney’s office has filed paperwork to withdraw the involuntary manslaughter case against a Nanticoke man who died earlier this month.


Brandon Leigh Switzer, 23, was accused in the June 25 shooting death of Zachary Williams, 23, inside 32 N. Sherman St. An autopsy showed Williams died from a single gunshot wound to the head.


Switzer’s obituary did not indicate the cause of death. Attorney Thomas Marsilio said he was not aware of the circumstances of his client’s death and could not speak to the matter. District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis also said she did not know how Switzer died.


Switzer told police last summer’s shooting was an accident while the two men were handling a firearm, according to a criminal complaint.


The DA’s nolle prosse filing, which is Latin for “will not prosecute,” was approved Thursday afternoon by county Judge David W. Lupas.


A pretrial hearing in the case was set for Jan. 24.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds