Reminder to parents: The library’s Summer Reading Program will continue throughout the summer. Parents may come in the library any time to register their children to begin their reading logs for this fun program. This year’s theme, “Fizz, Boom Read” will include science related stories and special programs.
“Health Care Careers,” the next summer reading program, will be held at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 8 in the Reference Room of the library. This interesting program is geared for tweens, teens and adults who may be deciding on a college major or a change of career. Pre-registration is required. Meet with the following professional instructors from Misericordia University to learn about careers in the health industry: Brenda Pavill, CRNP, Phd, and author of “Nursing Shoes” and ChristinaTomkins, MSN, CRNP, PhRN will discuss nursing careers; Sheryl Goss Assistant Professor and Chair of Diagnostic Medical Sonography will describe Medical Imaging and Sonography careers and Heather Fritz will come prepared to discuss the field of Physical Therapy.
There are also still a few openings for the following youth reading groups:
• Story Hours for children 1 and 2 years of age and those from 3 to 5 years of age.
• Early Readers’ Story Hour will be for children who have just completed kindergarten and first grade.
• Donuts & Discussion will be a book discussion group for tweens 9 through 12 years of age. The tweens enjoy refreshments and donuts, make new friends and learn the art of book discussion.
• The Young Adult Book Discussion Group is exploring the supernatural this summer. Teens, 13 years of age and older are invited to take part in this fun group.
• Relax and Read is a reading and reviewing program for teens who would rather read and write than discuss. Teens write short reviews of any books they choose to read over the summer.
Call the library at 570-675-1182 for more information on any of the above reading groups.
HOLIDAY AND AUCTION HOURS
The library will be closed on Friday, July 4 to celebrate Independence Day and will re-open at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 5.
The library will also close early at 12:30 p.m. each day of the auction, which will be Thursday, July 10; Friday, July 11 and Saturday, July 12.