Friday, July 25, 2014





6th annual Ski for the Cure raises $21,669


March 19. 2013 5:16PM


Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


On Feb. 23, Jack Frost Mountain was all in pink as Jack Frost Big Boulder presented the sixth annual Ski for the Cure breast cancer awareness day benefiting the local Affiliate of Susan G. Komen Northeastern Pennsylvania.


“We are pleased to announce that we have raised and donated $21,667 from this year’s event, to Dolly Woody, Executive Director, of the Susan G. Komen® Northeastern Pennsylvania Affiliate on Saturday, March 2. This brings our six- year total to over $127,000 and as a result this event has become the second largest fundraising event in Northeast Pa. for Komen. A portion of lift ticket sales was donated by Jack Frost Big Boulder and the remainder came from the generosity of local businesses, Jack Frost Big Boulder staff, ski guests and general public,” said Bernie Oldroyd, Chairperson of the event and a seven -year breast cancer survivor.


One hundred percent of the net proceeds of our fundraising efforts go to Komen, with 75 percent staying right here in Northeast Pa. The remaining 25 percent funds Susan G. Komen National Research Grant Program.


Ski for the Cure events included the “Pink Olympics Fun Race,” Dedication Run, Pledge Ski-A-Thon, raffle and more.


The Dedication Run remembered those who lost their battle to breast cancer and honored those presently in treatment, their caretakers and breast cancer survivors.


Prizes were given to the individual completing the most runs and getting the most donations.


The date for the 7th Annual “Ski for the Cure” is Feb. 22, 2014. For further information, contact Bernie Oldroyd at 570 443-8425, ext. 2503.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds