Tight end Andrew Quarless arrived on Penn State’s campus in 2006 he was one of the most highly recruited players in the country.
But despite enjoying a fine career as a Nittany Lion, the 6-foot-4 tight end never really seemed to live up to the lofty reputation that he brought to Happy Valley.
In his fourth season in the NFL, Quarless may finally be reaching his full potential.
For the second week in a row, Quarless caught six passes. In the Packers’ come-from-behind 37-36 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Quarless had six receptions for 66 yards and a touchdown.
For the season, he has 29 receptions for 262 yards and two touchdowns, all career highs.
Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee missed the game with a neck injury.
Here are how the rest of the Nittany Lions in the NFL fared in Week 14.
• San Francisco 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman had four tackles as the Seahawks defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 33-14.
• Oakland Raiders Matt McGloin suffered through arguably his worst game in his young NFL career. McGloin had five turnovers — four interceptions and a lost fumble. On the fumble, he didn’t get any help from former Penn State and current Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski. Wisniewski’s shotgun snap on the play was low and to McGloin’s left.
After the game, Raiders coach Dennis Allen would not say who would start agaisnt the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.
Raiders defensive lineman Jack Crawford played but did not record a tackle in the game. Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali had one solo tackle and recovered McGloin’s fumble.
• Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould hit his one field goal attempt — a 23-yarder — and all five of his extra points as the Bears defeated the Browns, 38-31.
• Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle had one solo tackle and a sack in the Seahawks 23-0 victory over the Giants. Michael Robinson saw action at fullback for Seattle.
• Minnesota Vikings linebackers Michael Mauti and Gerald Hodges each saw action but did not record a tackle as the Vikings defeated the Eagles, 48-30.
• Washington Redskins linebacker Josh Hull had one tackle in the Redskins’ 27-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Redskins running back Evan Royster saw action but did not have a carry or a reception.
• Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still saw action in the Bengals’ 30-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, but did not record a tackle. Steelers wide receiver Derek Moye was inactive for the game.
• Miami Dolphins linebacker Cameron Wake had three solo tackles and one sack as the Dolphins defeated the New England Patriots, 24-20. Defensive tackle Jared Odrick had one solo tackle.
• San Diego Chargers offensive lineman Rich Ohrnberger and Johnnie Troutman served as reserves in the Chargers’ 27-20 victory over the Denver Broncos.
• Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny had 13 tackles (nine solo) and one sack as the Jaguars fell, 27-20, to the Bufallo Bills. Jaguars linebacker Nate Stupar had one tackle.
• Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman A.Q. Shipley was in action Monday night against the Detroit Lions.