Sunday may not have been a banner day for the Jacksonville, but Paul Posluszny showed why he is one of top linebackers in the NFL in the Jaguars’ 45-17 loss at Seattle.
The former Penn State star was involved in 12 tackles, including five solo. He now has 31 through three games, which is good enough to lead the league.
He also had a interception, the 10th of his career.
Seahawks defensive tackle Jordan Hill was inactive for the third straight week.
Here is a look at how other former Penn Staters fared in Week 3.
• San Francisco 49ers linebacker NaVarro Bowman had nine solo tackles in his team’s 27-7 loss to Indianapolis. 49er linebacker Nate Stupar was inactive for the third straight week.
• Despite struggling earlier in the year, Arizona Cardinal left tackle Levi Brown was at his usual starting position in the Cardinals 31-7 loss.
• Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould was 2-for-2 on field goals with a long of 45 yards. He did have one of his four PATs blocked in the Bears 40-23 victory over the Steelers. Pittsburgh Steeler receiver Derek Moye was inactive a week after getting his first NFL reception and touchdown on the same play.
• Kansas City Chiefs outside linebacker Tamba Hali had three tackles and a sack in the Chiefs’ 26-16 victory over the Eagles on Thursday night.
• Although he didn’t record a tackle, Minnesota Viking linebacker Michael Mauti saw his first action in the Vikings’ 31-27 loss against Cleveland. He is the first player from the Class of 2012 to get into a game. Teammate Gerald Hodges was inactive for the third straight week.
• Dallas Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee was involved in seven tackles (four solo, three asists) in the Cowboys’ 31-7 victory over the Rams. He also recovered a fumble.
• San Diego Charger offensive lineman Johnnie Troutman and Rich Ohrnberger were both active for the Chargers’ 20-17 loss to the Teneessee Titans.
• Cincinnatti Bengals defensive lineman Devon Still had a tackle in his team’s wild 34-30 victory over the Green Bay Packers. Packers tight end Andrew Quarless had three receptions for 21 yards with a long of 10 yards.
• Washington running back Evan Royster was inactive for the third straight week as the Redskins lost 27•20 to Detroit.
• Baltimore Ravens center A.Q. Shipley served as a reserve in the Ravens’ 30-9 victory over Houston Texans.
• Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Jared Odrick had two tackles. He got consistent pressure on Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan late in the second half of the Dolphins’ 27-23 victory. Linebacker Cameron Wake started but did not record a tackle.
• Quarterback Matt McGloin, defensive lineman Jack Crawford and Stefen Wisniewski were all in action for the Oakland Raiders on Monday night against Denver.