Get your homebrew pants on this weekend because Saturday is Learn to Homebrew Day.
This is the second annual collaborative event for the Wyoming Valley Homebrewers Club and the Scranton Brewers Guild. Learn to Homebrew Day began in 1999 and takes place on the first Saturday of each November.
Beer will be made throughout the day with several live demonstrations by members of both clubs. New to the event this year is the opportunity to win a Home Brewing Learner's Permit, a 10 percent off discount at Simply Homebrew in Drums to get new homebrewers on the track to great beer.
Other classes for the day are as follows:
• Home Brewing 101: Overview of the ease with which you can make your first beer.
• What Shall I Brew?: A look at the various beer styles and recipe formulations to achieve them.
• Mash This: The differences in the mash used in the brewing process
• Brew Day: Equipment, steps, and tips for making, boiling and chilling your wort
• Yeast Makes Beer: Fermentation equipment, steps and tips from yeast pitch to finished beer
• Woo Woo, Bottling Day!: Packaging your finished product in bottles or kegs
This event isn't just for beer-lovers. Cider, mead and wine-making demonstrations also are planned.