Sunday, July 13, 2014





Disney working on standalone 'Star Wars' films


March 16. 2013 10:06PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


dd43a6f29dfe4df8aa8994d1e735b7cc.jpg



(AP) Disney is mining The Force for even more new films.


Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger says screenwriters Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are working on standalone Star Wars movies that aren't part of the planned new trilogy.


Iger told CNBC on Tuesday that the standalone movies will be based on great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga. The films would be released during the six-year period of the new trilogy, starting in 2015 with Star Wars: Episode VII.


Disney confirmed last month that Star Trek director J.J. Abrams will direct the seventh installment of the Star Wars saga.


Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last year for more than $4 billion.


The Star Wars prequel trilogy was released from 1999 to 2005.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds