Tuesday, July 22, 2014





Judge denies bid to take down anti-Muslim film


February 19. 2013 7:55PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) An actress who appeared in the anti-Muslim film blamed for sparking violence in the Middle East has lost another legal bid to have the trailer taken down from YouTube.


A federal judge in Los Angeles denied a motion for injunction on Friday by Cindy Lee Garcia. It wasn't immediately known whether Garcia's attorneys would file an appeal.


Garcia lost a similar legal challenge in state court when a judge rejected her lawsuit in September.


Innocence of Muslims, which depicts Mohammad as a religious fraud and womanizer, enraged Muslims and ignited violence in the Middle East, killing dozens.


Garcia said she was duped by the man behind the film, Mark Bassely Youssef and the script she saw referenced neither Muslims nor Mohammad. She also said her voice had been dubbed over after filming.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds