DALLAS – The Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement said the American Legion Post 672 Home Association on Memorial Highway was cited in March 24 of gambling-related violations of the state liquor code. The charges will be brought before an administrative law judge who can impose fines, suspend or revoke the license.
BUTLER TWP. – Police reported the following incidents at the Keystone Job Corps:
• Jaleel F. Bullard, 20, of Philadelphia, was charged with harassment following an incident with a female student around 3 p.m. Saturday.
• A 16-year-old girl from Philadelphia was charged with underage drinking after she was found drinking vodka on the campus around 10 p.m. Saturday.
• Marvel E. Shockley III, 18, of Delaware and Robert Broaddus, 19, of Philadelphia were charged with simple assault and harassment after they and others attacked a 19-year-old male student Friday night. The attack was made in retaliation for a prior incident, police said. The investigation is ongoing and three other people are expected to be charged, police said. The injured student was treated at Hazleton General Hospital for a head injury. Shockley and Broaddus were held in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail each.
• Jacob C. Kazmaier, 18, of Delaware, faces drug charges after staff members found him in his room Sept. 14 packaging marijuana for sale. Police recovered more than two ounces of marijuana. Kazmaier was charged with possession of controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $35,000 bail.
• Jonathan Verges, 18, of Reading was charged with aggravated assault on a school official, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, persistent disorderly conduct and harassment after he became angry at several staff members and assaulted them on Sept. 10. Verges was held at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $20,000 bail.
• Crystal N. Smallwood, 25, of Philadelphia, faces drug charges after approximately one-half ounce of marijuana and smoking paraphernalia were found during an administrative search upon her return to school on Sept. 4 from a break. She fled after the marijuana was found, police said. She was charged with possession/delivery of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.