WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Police are investigating the theft of wheels and tires from a Cadillac sedan and a Chevrolet Impala parked near 336 E. Northampton St. sometime between 3 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday.
• Sometime between 8 p.m. Nov. 20 and 11:25 a.m. Monday, someone smashed out the rear driver side window of a vehicle and stole a 38-inch Vizio television and a Pioneer car stereo from inside. The suspect also ripped a tonneau cover over the rear cargo area. The police report failed to include a description of the vehicle or where it was parked.
• A woman reported that someone entered her sister's vehicle and took her purse sometime between 12:50 and 12:55 p.m. Monday while the vehicle was parked on North Hancock Street. The purse, valued at $25, contained $300 in cash, a Droid cellphone valued at $100, a Pennsylvania drivers license, a Visa credit card and car keys.
• A 26-year-old man reported at 9:10 p.m. Sunday that someone drove off in his yellow Pontiac coupe from the area of 27 Taft St. after he left the car running while inside the residence of a friend. A Glock 23 .40-caliber pistol was in the vehicle.
• Someone reported at 5:12 p.m. Monday that two males threw bike parts at the victim's vehicle while the vehicle was in motion, and the suspects fled toward 142 S. Wilkes-Barre Blvd.
• Someone smashed the side view mirror on a vehicle parked in front of 53 E. Main St. sometime between 4:45 p.m. Saturday and 11:50 a.m. Sunday.
• Sometime between 8 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Sunday, someone entered a man's company-owned vehicle and stole a Sirius XM radio valued at about $300 and a Magellan GPS unit valued at about $150.
The police report failed to describe the vehicle or where it was parked.
• Thomas Sod reported that sometime between Saturday and Monday, someone cut the lock off a trailer located at Diamondtech Inc., 59 Parrish St., in which he stores tools for his business.
Stolen were a Lowe's brand Shop-Vac valued at $178, four hand grinders with a value of $800, two water jugs and one box with miscellaneous tools inside valued at about $150.
• Police said Tina Amato, of Wyoming, was cited with trespassing at Sherman Hills at about 1 p.m. Monday.
WILKES-BARRE -- A city man who served a state prison sentence on a drug conviction was arrested Wednesday night on drug offenses.
State police at Wyoming said they arrested Hassan Ali Howard, 31, of Elm Street, during a traffic stop on Austin Street at about 7 p.m.
State police allege they found 11 grams of cocaine and cash during the traffic stop.
Howard was charged with two counts each of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance, and a single count of tampering with evidence. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $35,000 bail.
Court records say Hassan served one year of a two year state prison sentence on separate drug convictions in 2007. He was paroled in March 2010.
Hassan also has three separate drug convictions in 2001, according to court records.
HANOVER TWP. – Charles Coleman of Wilkes-Barre reported Thursday tools were stolen from a garage and shed from his late brother's property on South Main Street in Preston, township police said.