Officials rule death in Friday’s Stanton Street shooting a homicide


By Travis Kellar - [email protected] and Brigid Edmunds - [email protected]

WILKES-BARRE — Officials have ruled the death of a man shot and killed Friday on Stanton Street a homicide.

Officials from the Luzerne County Coroner’s Office said Tuesday that an autopsy performed on Robert Hood, 34, of Hill Street, found he succumbed to multiple gunshot wounds. Hood’s body was found at approximately 8:30 p.m. Friday in the backyard of 320 Stanton St., after police took a report of a break-in and shooting at the address.

Another person was also taken from the scene in an ambulance Friday night and a woman exited the home and watched the scene from a car.

No criminal charges have been filed in the case, and no suspect has been named, although on Friday Police Chief Marcella Lendacky said the person taken to the hospital was a “possible suspect.”

Lendacky assured the public on Friday that there was no reason for fear, saying the incident was not a “random neighborhood shooting” and that the victim and shooter knew each other.

Neighbors said Friday that they had heard an altercation between a man and a woman earlier in the evening in a field near the shooting.

Mark Neberdosky, who lives nearby on Park Avenue, told the Times Leader at the scene that he was working outside on his car when he heard what he thought were five shots fired.

District Attorney Stefanie Salvantis said the case is still under investigation and declined to comment.

http://timesleader.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/web1_BLOTTER-32.jpg

By Travis Kellar

[email protected] and Brigid Edmunds

[email protected]

Reach Travis Kellar at 570-991-6389 or on Twitter @TLNews. Reach Brigid Edmunds at 570-991-6119 or on Twitter @brigidedmunds.

Reach Travis Kellar at 570-991-6389 or on Twitter @TLNews. Reach Brigid Edmunds at 570-991-6119 or on Twitter @brigidedmunds.

comments powered by Disqus